(#70) South-West Monsoon

"Now, we will start our discussion on the South-West Monsoon Issue." The King said, putting a start to the discussion.

"And before we start our discussion, I would like to announce the philanthropical deed proposed by Princess Velena." The King said.

And when the King said this, the Aristocrats and some Imperialists rolled their eyes.

I so badly wanted to laugh out loud.

"Princess Velena agreed to support the South-West by providing financial help." The King said and Velena stood.

"Yes. It is actually my pocket money that I have accumulated in recent years. Only after I counter yesterday, I realized there was a huge sum. I didn't know what to do.

Then it was my Maid who reminded me of the South-West monsoon issue. Then I decided to give all of the money to them." The Princess said and sat down gracefully.

Even though the boast is a bit too much, it is a good deed indeed. No comment.

"Yes, Princess. The Avalon Empire is indeed debited to you, Princess." The King said

"I heard that a dam is being built. I suggest that the money goes as a wage for the workers." The Princess said.

"Sure, Princess. But there is a problem. We are always debating on which season the dam must be built." The King said.

"Oh. That's alright. You can just come to a solution after discussing. After all, that is the purpose of the Assembly right?" Velena asked.

"Exactly," I said in the flow.

Even though I usually hate her guts, she is just too hard to deny right now.

"It is exactly as you said, Princess. That is indeed the purpose of the meeting." I said, which earned me a doubtful look from Velena.

"Yes. That is our aim for today." The King said.

"Alright. Now when do you suggest that we start our build for the dam?" The King asked.

"We cannot definitely do it now, Your Highness." Count Mellow said.

"And then you might also be telling that we cannot do it during the summer because the weather is too humid.

And then we cannot do it during Autumn, because the weather will be dry, and we can also not do it during Spring, because the atmosphere will be too festive.

Then, we come back to our rainy circle, and the circle repeats again. With no progress whatsoever." I said.

"That was... a very blunt truth." The King said and I smiled.

"Well, can Miss Aesther, propose a method?" Count Barrel asked.

"Well, since Count Barrel asked me so nicely, how can I refuse?" I said and stood up.

"Your Highness, we cannot do the building process during winter," I said.

"Should I repeat what you just said right now, Miss Aesther?" Count Millow asked.

"My reason is not because of the weather being too cold or wet. In fact, it is not about the weather at all." I said and turned back to the King.

"Your Highness, during Heavy Monsoons, and during times there are floods, the soil will not be stable and it will be very loose.

So building a dam in such conditions is as similar to a house build on a poor foundation.

So, we will do it during the Summer season." I said.