(#27) First Day at Helda

We settled in first. I asked Belle to go sleep since she had already banged her head against me and some walls.

Father and I sat down on the sofa. "Lord and Lady Aesther, what would you like?" The head butler, Jonathan, asked.

"What are the fruits available during spring in Helda?" I asked before Father could speak.

"All kind of fruits would be harvested during this time of the year." Jonathan said.

"Alright. How about Cherry pies and ginger?" I asked. "That will be prepared, Lady Aesther." Jonathan said and turned to Father.

"What about you, Lord Aesther?" Jonathan asked.

"Father will go with what I have told." I said. "Come on, Dear. It is spring in Helda. There are many tasty things that will set your tongue a sail." Father said.

"Well, we will enjoy the delicacies later. We just had a journey, Father. You think I just blindly told them those. I did my homework, Father.

Both Cherry has melatonin which will help in regulating our sleep hours and Ginger helps the stomach. So, the delicacies can wait. We will ensure health right now." I said and turned to Jonathan.

"And Jonathan, make sure to prepare a bit more. The food should be prepared for Belle as well as the maids and manservants who came all the way from Capitis." I said.

"Yes, My Lady. Forgive me for being rude, but is My Lady caring for the servants?" Jonathan asked.

"If the servants are in good condition that means that the Household of Aesther is in good hands too. And if word gets out that we are not treating our employees in a nice manner, it is shame on our House." I said.

Jonathan chuckled. "I hope that Lady Aesther won't take it in an offensive manner, but rather in a playful manner." Jonathan said.

"Talk away, Jonathan. It is alright." I smiled.

"Nowadays and back in the days, whenever I tell Rais, my son, to do a polite job to help the family, he will tell that, When the Lady of Aesther mansion become trustworthy, I will do a polite job." Jonathan said.

I laughed, along with my Father. "Wow, Jonathan. I really want to see this son of yours." I said.

"Oh, you will see him around plenty of time. He is always playing in the courtyard." Jonathan said.

"Playing in the courtyard? Isn't that something girls do?" I asked, doubtfully.

"No, he is always wielding his sword, from morning till night. The only time he doesn't is for, eating and sleeping." Jonathan said, sighing.

I thought deeply.

"Jonathan?" I called him. "Yes, Lady?" He answered.

"I don't want you to give me an answer just because I am Lady Aesther. I want you to carefully consider this." I said.

"What is it, My Lady?" Jonathan asked.

"When I and my Father go back to the Capital, may we take Rais with us" I asked. "There he can join in the army of House Aesther and we will train him.

We have one of the best teachers from all over the country, and even people who have experience with war." I said.

"For someone like Rais, I think it will be a suitable environment." I said.

When Jonathan opened his mouth, I raised my hand in order to maintain silence.

"You don't have to give me an answer right now. Think carefully and give me. It is alight, even if you choose on the morning we leave." I said.

"My Lady, if I tell no, I don't think that my son will keep me alive. So for his sake, I am agreeing, because I know that this will make him really happy." Jonathan said.

"I am really happy to hear that." I said and stood up. I went to Father.

"Father, don't be sad. We will eat nutritious food today. But tomorrow, you can eat whatever you want and I will gladly oblige." I sad.

"Alright, my dear daughter." Father said and we hugged each other.

"It is good to see you both together with such a good relationship." Jonathan said.

"Of course, he is my Father." I said.

"Did I miss anything?" Belle asked. "You did not, dear." I said and motioned Belle to come near.

'This is... Bella?" Jonathan asked. "You know Belle?" I asked Jonathan.

"Well, Mistress Aesther came to Helda for her pregnancy. It was here that she gave birth to a beautiful daughter, and here she found Bella." Jonathan said, with a hint of sadness.

"Jonathan, are you okay?" I asked. "Yes, yes." Jonathan said. "I will go and notify the maids and make sure Rais stay out of trouble." Jonathan said and left.

There is something that I need to check!

---------------------------------------

Special Note for Readers

I thank You all for the support that you all have shown me. 

I hope that you all will keep on supporting me.

Luv Y'all💕💕

Last updated on 25-8-2020