(#22) Lion's Palace

This is an extra long chapter, Enjoy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran through the halls of the Palace.

I then spotted a maid. "Miss, please wait a moment." I said and she turned to me.

"What is the matter, Lady?" She asked, not recognizing me. "Where is my Fa- I mean, Lord Aesther's office?" I asked.

"It is in the Lion Palace." She said, looking at me with suspicion. "Anyway, who are you?" She asked. "How are you related to Lord Aesther?" She asked.

"Nothing of much importance. He is just my Father." I said.

"Oh... I thought-" It clicked for her, a bit late.

Suddenly, her face was filled with anxiousness and worry.

"L-lady Aeas-sther?" She started stuttering.

"It is alright. Just don't make the same mistake again. Treat every guest with politeness regardless of their origin. In the long run, it will only bring you goodness and wellbeing." I said.

"This lowly maid will remember and will forever follow it." She said, bowing again.

"It is for your own good. I don't have anything to do with it. Anyway, thanks for the information." I said.

"Belle, keep up with me." I said and ran to the Lion Palace.

"Once I reached the Lion Palace's entrance, I looked back for Belle. She was running, with great effort.

It looks like she will have to join the Aesther's army training.

"You didn't have to wait for me, My Lady." She said. "What non sense are you telling? This is the Lion Palace. Walk with gracefulness." I said.

I was sure that even though I said to walk with gracefulness, it didn't show in me, and I didn't have the time to look at others either.

"Hey, hey, hey." A man stopped me.

He seemed familiar to me. Familiar as in, last-life-familiarity.

"What is the matter? It better be important." I said.

"Of course it is important. This is the Lion's Palace. Walk with gracefulness, Lady." He said.

"As far as I know, this is the Lion's Palace, where strangers cannot get in easily, so, who might you be?" I asked.

He gulped. He was shocked. "You-you. You know what? I am not surprised-" I cut him off.

"Well, your facial expression, conveys the opposite." I said and he was shocked again.

"You are a child from the streets. No wonder you are so disrespectful." He said.

"You are telling that because ladies from the noble ladies don't dare to fight back and take their right. No wonder the men have become so arrogant these days." I said.

"You dare call me arrogant?" He asked.

"And think it is the opposite?" I asked.

"O-o-obviously." He said.

I scoffed. "Pity you. Even you aren't sure about it yourself." I said.

"Hey-" I cut him off.

"Look, I don't have time to bicker with you. My Father fainted and I am here to check on him." I said and walked past him.