(#24) On the Way

"Dear, there is a letter for you." Father said and I headed downstairs.

"Who is it from?" I asked. "It is not mentioned. Only the receiver's address." Father said.

No sender's address? Then it would only mean one person.

I went and Father handed me the letter.

I opened it. As expected.

It was from Kyle.

It was about him telling me that he will accompany me during my trip. Only till half though. Because he is returning and we have some similar roads.

I smiled.

"Who is it from?" Father asked. "Kyle. Minister Lian." I said.

"Finally you are not misunderstanding." Father said.

"No, it is not a love letter. He said that he will accompany us on half of our journey." I said.

"Oh, I guess he is returning today." Father guessed. "Yeah." I agreed.

"That is nice. It wouldn't be boring." Father said.

"Father, are you saying that if Kyle is not coming it would have been boring?" I asked.

"Dear, no. I just meant that it will be livelier." Father said and I smiled.

"You better mean it." I said and Father smiled.

"Lord Aesther! My Lady!" We both heard Belle's voice and turned.

"What is the matter, Belle?" I asked.

"All the luggage has been loaded. Now only we three and remaining." Belle said.

"Plus one more person." Father said and I nodded. "Who?" Belle asked.

"My Lord. My Lady. Greeting." The footman of our household entered.

"What is it?" Father asked.

"There is a person under the name Kyle Lian waiting outside." He said.

"And that is the person." I said. "Minister Lian?" Belle asked and I nodded.

"But why is he coming along with us?" Belle asked. "We share some similar roads." I said.

"Oh. Then it wouldn't be boring." Belle aid and I rolled my eyes and My Father laughed.

"What is the matter?" Belle asked. "Nothing worthy of your concern, dear." I said and walked towards the entrance.

"Anyway, we will depart now. We wouldn't want to be late. Otherwise it won't be according to our timetable." I said.

"Sure." Belle said and Father nodded.

I first stepped foot outside our household. And Kyle was waiting.

"I didn't keep you waiting, did I?" Kyle asked.

"Nope. You came on time." I said and Kyle smiled. "That's a relief." Kyle said and I smiled.

"Then we shall start moving, shall we?" Father asked. "Why the wait?" Kyle asked.

"And that is the spirit, lad." Father said and we all smiled.

We four got inside the carriage.

"I thought that the maid will come behind." Kyle said.

"Oh, Belle is like a family." I said. "Family?" Kyle asked. "Yeah. She is the last treasure that my mom left for me." I said.

"Your mom? Oh yeah. That Red Tigress." Kyle said.

"How do you that?" Father asked.

"Oh, it is not my first time coming to the Avalon Empire. Last time I came with my Family. At that time, I saw Lady Aesther along with her Mother. I have to admit. Beauty come in blood, right? Kyle asked.

"That, I admit." Father agreed.

"And if that Fair Lady chose you, you must be real good." Kyle said. "Yes, she is." I agreed.

We talked for a bit. Soon Belle fell asleep. I pulled a coat over her body and took a finance book I took from study room before departing and started reading it.

"Lady Aesther reads finance books?" Kyle asked.

I then lowered the book below my eye level.

"Well, I am a filial daughter. I need to help my Father relieve a bit of his stress." I said.

"You are indeed a filial daughter." Kyle said and I smiled and I went back to reading.

"Ah! Whoever marries Lady Aesther will be the luckiest man on this planet." Kyle said.

"Why do you say so?" I asked.

"No Lady studies finance intensely. They just learn a bit from their parents to take care of their husband's household in the future.

"But Lady Aesther is reading the experiences and tips given by one of the most prominent financers of all time.

And that also not for your husband but for you are starting early with your Father. You are going to be very experienced by the time you get married, Lady Aesther." Kyle said and I smiled.

"I hope so." I said.

But before that I need to put a full stop to Louise and Maylene's drama, save my Father, and inherit his legacy and become the first permanent female lady in the Royal Assembly.

Goodness, I indeed have a long way to go. But it is alright. This is why I was given this second chance.

"Lady Aesther will you please tell the coachman to stop when we reach Teila?" Kyle said and I nodded.

I then opened the curtain and notified the coachman.

"Uh... Kyle? The coachman said we will reach their soon. Half an hour or less." I said.

"Oh, so soon? Alright then. Will Lady Aesther spare a minute outside with me then? I am leaving to Gelna and we might not know when we will meet each other again." Kyle said.

"Sure. I can spare a minute." I said and smiled.

After a while the carriage stopped. "Seems like the time of departure has arrived." I said and stood up to get outside.

"Yes, it looks like that." Kyle said and got outside.

Father was asleep by then too. So I dint bother asking him permission.

It was already evening. "Are you sure you want to leave now?" I asked.

"If I leave now, by the time I get there, there will be a train." Kyle said.

"It can't be helped then. And yes, what did you want to talk about?" I asked.

"Ah, I mentioned that whoever you are going to marry is going to be the luckiest guy right?" He asked.

"Yes." I said.

"So... May I be that guy?" 

-----------------------------------------------------

Special Note to Readers.

This is the first time I am uploading two chapters in a day, according to my timeline.

And I hope that you guys will continue to support me.

Luv Y'all💕💕

Last updated on 22-8-2020