(#6)Encounter with the King

"Now dear, we are going to enter the royal mansion." My Father said. "Father, why are you treating me like a three-year-old?" I asked. "Just felt like doing," Father said and I smiled.

"Ana!" I heard a screeching sound and turned to look who it was. It was Marylene. "Ana." She came to me. By that time she was panting.

"Are you ok? I. was worried about you." Marylene said. "What happened?" I asked. "You fell into the Holy Pond. How can I not be worried about you?" She asked.

"Look Marylene-" She cut me off. "Call me Mary." She said. That's not what you said the last time I saw you. "Sure. We have a lot of time to talk. But now, The King has called me and My Father over. So," I said and took my Father's hand. "We really should not waste time," I said.

"Yes, yes. I understand." She said and moved back for my Father and me. I didn't miss the look of confusion she had on her face when she saw Belle. I smiled to myself.

We then got the information that the King decided to call us over to discuss during the Breakfast. A maid led our way.

When the door of the Grand Fare Hall came into view, my heartbeat became quite tight. I breathed in and out.

My Father knocked 3 times. A response came from inside. We both got inside along with Belle, our maid.

The King was going to dine. He looked at my Father with the usual respectful look and me, the usually disappointed look.

"You both are here regarding the Holy Pond incident, am I right?" King asked. "Your Highness-" I cut my Father off. "Your Highness," I said and bowed with my face faced to the ground.

"It was indeed my mistake for falling into the Holy Pond. But Your Highness," I said and raised my head. "I assure you, someone pushed me into the pond," I said.

"You are telling me, that I need to believe you." The King asked, scornfully. "It's simple, Your Highness," I said. "May I stand up?" I asked. King Adelouis nodded.

"We may ask the guard who is guarding the Holy Pond, that who came in after me," I said. "Then that is what we shall do." His Highness said and stood up from his seat.

"Your Highness, no hurry. Your Highness may finish your meal first." I said. "Yes, Your Highness." Father agreed. The King then nodded at my Father and looked at me. For the first time in my life, he smiled at me.

After breakfast, we all got out of the Fare Hall. Outside, Maylene was waiting. When she saw the King, she bowed. "Greeting to your Highness." She said and he moved past as if she didn't exist.

There was a look of embarrassment on her face for a flick second. But she then soon covered it with a modest look. "Where are you going, Ana?" She asked to me.

"Just come with us." I said. "You won't tell me?" She asked, childishly with a puppy look. In the past, this was all she needed to do, for me to spill the darkest of my secrets. But I am not the same me.

"It's a suspense," I said, indifferently. She looked shocked. I could feel my Father smiling.

"Isn't this the direction to the Holy Pond?" Marylene asked. "You haven't forgotten," I said. "How can I?" She said and kept her hands around my arm, which made me disgusted all of a sudden.

We finally reached the direction of the Holy Pond. When the guards saw His Highness, they bowed and said together. "Greeting to Your Highness, King Adelouis.

"I want to ask all of you an important question." The King said. "We may answer humbly, Your Highness." Both of the guards said. The king nodded.

"I am sure that all of you know well about the pond incident." The King said. Both of them then bowed with their knees to the ground. "Please pardon us, You Highness. We will never repeat this again." They both said.

"Relax. I just want to ask all of you a question." The king said and they all stood up. "Except Lady Anastasia, who did enter in the Holy Pond?" The King asked.

Suddenly, Maylene's hand went into shock. I smirked to myself.

"Your Highness, yesterday, no one but Lady Anastasia entered." The guard said.

What? What is he talking about?

Note for Readers.

Sweet Readers, first of all thank you for the 50 reader contribution made by all of you.

And second, guys all of you, please follow me, so that I can know all of you better.

And third, I am writing a new story, P.S.S (Personal Spy Secretary), and I want all of you to read that and support me.

And last, Luv y'all 💕💕