(#48) New Maid and *** Night

"Ana, are you going outside today?" Belle asked.

"No. I am having a lot of documents to finish for today. I will go tomorrow." I said, not looking up from the pile of documents before me.

"Alright then," Belle said.

"And one more thing. Bring coffee within an hour." I said.

"Yes," Belle said and she left my Study Room.

I then heaved a sigh and looked outside the window.

My Father had given me a special dress. A black dress that will fully cover my body and my face.

Recently, I will go outside in that dress and practice outside the fence.

But only when I went for practice outside the fence did I know the difficulty for peasants to live.

And the tax which is literally draining them is being enjoyed by the nobles.

At times I take money out of my pocket-money and give it to them. But of course, that is not a long-term, solution.

I leaned back on my chair and closed my eyes.

Then I remembered that I hadn't yet recruited maids that were sent back because of the rumor.

"Belle!" I called out for her.

"Yes, My Lady?" She asked when getting in.

"The day after tomorrow I will be recruiting maids," I said.

"Will take a note of that, My Lady," Belle said.

"And by tomorrow, I want the new to not only reach the nobles but also the Third Estate and peasantry," I said.

"Yes. I will make sure that happens.

"And when they come in the day after tomorrow, I will personally choose the maids among the peasants, and you will choose some from the noble's side.

And when you are choosing, choose some with a high sense of pride and give them some jobs that normal maids do. You are supposed to find fault and I want them gone within the week." I said.

"I understand, My Lady," Belle said, smiling.

"How is Father these days?" I asked.

"His workload has been decreased," Belle said.

"Obviously. Or what do you think that I am doing here?" I asked, and raised my hand.

At that time the ink spread to my sleeves, which were just like a bat's one.

"Belle. Did the dress I designed get here?" I asked.

"It was said to arrive tomorrow," Belle said.

"Good, or I am afraid, my dress will symbolize a zebra by the end of the day," I said and heard Belle release a muffled laugh.

"Enough, enough. Back to the subject. Is Father's sleeping better?" I asked.

"At first it was quite alright. But then he came to know that you were doing some of his works." Belle said.

"How?" I asked.

"He is your Father, My Lady. If he also doesn't, then who does?" Belle asked.

"True," I said, getting back to work.

"And if Father behaves like a child telling that he wants to do all his works, just tell him that I doing some practice and the leader of Aesther household can't forever lean over her Father," I said.