thirty three

Serena

"Hello?" Emily asked tiredly from the other end of the phone call

"Hey, is Embry still there? Moms worried"

"Oh, uh, maybe, I'll go look"

"Awesome, thanks"

I heard shuffling on the other line and could tell that Emily was getting out of bed to check the living room and kitchen for my idiotic twin. "Yeah, he's asleep on the couch with Jared and Paul. They were playing some video game"

"Pour a cup of water on him"

"What?"

"With ice, a big cup too. Wake him up, he deserves it. And when he does wake up tell him his twin says to get his ass home and in bed before I shave his hair off in the middle of the night"

"Oooh, I like that idea, I'll do it!" I could hear her filling up the cup with ice and water, and then shuffling into the living room.

"What the hell Emily!" Embry exclaimed and she laughed

"Your twin says to get your ass home and in bed before she shaves all your hair off in the middle of the night!" Emily laughed

"Serena's on the phone?" Embry asked

"Yes, and your mother is worried out of her mind since you're not at home. I told you to go home 2 hours ago"

"Serena it's a school night, go to bed" Paul told me, he apparently had woken up from Embrys childish screams

"Not until Embry gets home, then I'm going to yell at him, then I'll go to bed" I said

"Embry if you know what's good for you you will run home as fast as you can and get in bed" Paul threatened, and Emily laughed.

"He's on his way, Serena" Emily told me

"Great, thank you Emily. Go back to bed now" I said and then hung up

"So he was there?" Mom asked

"Yeah, he's on his way back now"

"Alrighty, you go back to bed, I'll wait up for him"

"Goodnight" I told her, laying back down. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up again to an alarm blaring if and the sun shining through the open window.

"Embry shut the stupid alarm off before I throw it against the window. I'm too tired because I had to wake up to track you down last night" I shot out, rolling over to face the wall and covering my face with my blanket.

"I'm sorry, but we need to get up, we have to leave in 45 minutes"

"What!" I exclaimed, "the alarm was set for an hour and a half before we have to leave so I could get ready!"

"I changed it because I didn't want to get up that early, and I figured you would be tired so I gave you more time to sleep"

"Screw you Embry, now I don't have time to shower!"

"You showered last night, I can smell your shampoo, besides, isn't that bad for your hair?"

"Whatever, I call dibs on the bathroom first!" I yelled, getting up and running to the bathroom.

I quickly used the bathroom and brushed my teeth, I didn't have time for breakfast anyways. I brushed by hair out and plugged in my flat iron because it dried weird last night.

"Bro hurry up! I have to pee!" Embry called through the door

"Shoulda thought about that before you cut my time to get ready in half!" I replied, starting on my hair.

It took me twenty minutes to do my hair, and I still had to get dressed and put together my book bag. I carefully put on some mascara and chapstick, then went back into our room where I pulled out a long sleeve black shirt and a pair of blue jeans to put on, along with my converse and some socks.

I looked around for my book bag but couldn't find it anywhere, "Embry! Where's my book bag!" I yelled

"In the kitchen! It's already packed from last week, remember?"

Oh yeah, I was supposed to start last week but then I almost got murdered by a blood sucking demon. Looking at the clock I had 10 minutes to spare, so I decided I would go and wait in the truck. "I'll be in the truck!" I yelled out, receiving an ok from somewhere in the house.

I grabbed my book bag off the counter and headed outside, where I was surprised to see Paul's truck sitting in the driveway with Jared and Kim in the front seat, Seth and Quil in the back seat, and Jake in the bed.

"Hop in Serena! Sit next to me!" Seth cheered, getting out of the truck to let me sit in the middle of the back seats.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" I asked, "I thought Embry was driving me and him"

"Nah, we decided that since it's your first day you could use a buff guy escort" Jared laughed.

Embry walked out of the house and spotted the truck, then scowled. "Why?" He asked as he walked to the bed of the truck and hopped in

"Oh you know, some good old bonding" Quil laughed.

Paul's pulled out of the driveway and began to drive to the school that I wished I attended for years of my life. "What's your schedule again?" Kim asked me

"Uhm, home room 121, honors geometry, gym, chemistry, study hall a, lunch b, honors English, pottery, general music"

"Look at us, we have pottery and study hall a, along with lunch of course!" Kim said happily

"Nothing else?" I asked

"Of course not, you're a sophomore and I'm a junior. You're only going to have those classes with Embry, Quil, and Jake. Seths a freshman and Jared and Paul are seniors. You'll have lunch with us though"

"Oh, well what do you have with me, Quil?"

"Honors geometry, honors English, and general music. You've got general music with Jake and Embry too, and gym and chemistry with Jake, and study hall a with Embry" Quil responded to me.

"Great, looks like I'm going to have to make new friends if I'm going to survive these classes" I groaned

"Look on the bright side, Serena, you've got home room 121 with me!" Seth exclaimed

"Yeah, and study hall a with me" Jared said

"Yeah, and I've got pottery with you" Paul said, pulling into a parking spot at the school.