sixty six

Serena

I have no clue what massage place we were going to, but it had to be at least an hour away because I haven't heard of any in Forks and there for sure weren't any in La Push. We were nearing the edge of town when suddenly a wolf ran into the middle of the road, staring at us instead of moving out of the way.

Leah cursed as se slammed on the breaks, and we came within inches of hitting the wolf, who didn't even flinch. "Damnit, Jacob, what the hell!" Leah said, catching her breath.

The wolf, Jake, only nodded his head towards the other direction, apparently urging us to turn around, but the reason was unknown. Leah sighed again, and put the car in reverse, turning us around. Once we were moving again, I watched as Jake sprinted into the woods. 

"So" I started, leaning up closer to Leah and Kim, "Sighting?"

"Most likely. Leave it to those things to ruin yet another girls day" Kim said, leaning back in her seat. After our plans were thrown out the window, we decided to go back to Kim's house to do an at home spa day instead. 

By the time we got back to Kim's house, Jared was already there. "Hey guys, sorry about your girls day, Quil caught three of them heading your way earlier"

"Are you going to do spa treatments with us?" I asked him, a smile on my face

"Well, I guess since I'm here I might as well" He replied. Leah, Kim and I all exchanged a look, smirks on our faces because we all collectively agreed to make him regret his decision.

Paul

I woke up from my nap around 3:30 and went straight to Kim's place to hang out with Jared and the girls. Once I walked in, I came across Jared sitting on a lawn chair with his feet soaking in water, his fingers being painted by Serena, face covered in this weird orange paste, and cucumbers on his eyes. 

Before I notified them of my entrance, I took a picture of Jared, sending it to the packs group chat immediately. "Whatcha doing, Jared?" I asked and he jumped up, the cucumbers flying off his face.

"Oh, Hey Paul! Didn't see ya there!" Jared squeaked, wiping his face off with a nearby towel.

"Hi Paul" Serena said, running up to me to give me a hug.

"Hey sweetheart, how'd you rope Jared into this?"

"They lied to me" he mumbled, "And then Kim started to cry when I told her that I didn't want to do it anymore"

"At least you look cute" Kim told him, kissing him on the cheek.

"So Paul, your turn?" Leah asked and I shook my head quickly

"Oh hell no, no way" I stated quickly

"But Paul," Serena whined, "It'll be fun!"

"Not today" I told her, then I watched as tears started to form in her eyes, "Alright fine!"

"Yay!" she exclaimed, the tears disappearing in seconds.

Serena

By the time we were done pampering Jared and Paul, they had to leave to go and patrol, which meant that it was finally our turns. We din't nearly as extensive as we did for the guys because we just wanted to have fun with ours while we wanted to make fun of the guys.

Around 7:15, Embry came to pick me up, stating that mom had somehow managed to not burn diner tonight. I said goodbye to the girls and followed Embry out to the truck. "Sam gave me the night off tonight" he told me once we were on the road.

"I thought you were supposed to run again tonight?"

"He said that I learned my lesson. Also I told him about my big test tomorrow so he made me promise that I would study"

"Really? So we can finally get a good nights sleep?" I exclaimed, looking forward to going to bed tonight.

"Heck yeah! That means Paul doesn't get to sneak in tonight though"

"But he's so cuddly"

"Cuddle with your pillow, its basically the same thing"

"You suck"

"You can live one night without your precious boyfriend"

"I know, I'm just so used to it now that it's going to be weird"

That night I couldn't sleep. There was a massive thunderstorm that rolled in and Embryo's snoring was just the icing on the cake. "Embry" I whispered, but he didn't even twitch.

After a fe minutes of trying to wake him up, I gave up and just got up, climbing in his bed next to him. "Scared?" he mumbled, scooting over in the bed to make room for me.

"Yeah" I replied, "And I have my first game tomorrow so I need to get a good night of sleep"

"Gosh, I really hate those people that kidnapped you"

"Me too, now go to bed, I'm tired"

Embry

"WHOO! GO SERENA!" I yelled as she made her up the lacrosse field.

The entire pack and their imprints, minus Quil and Jake because they were on patrol, were here supporting my sister in her first game of the season. It was still down-pouring and the players will slipping and sliding all over the place. There were already two girls from the opposing team who were out on injury, and I could see another happening soon.

Since it was so muddy people couldn't control themselves, and it didn't help that the players weren't used to the field conditions since the season just started. All of a sudden, a girl from the other team slammed into Serena, sending both of them flying into the ground.

The crowd went silent as they watched the scene lay out, waiting to see if both of them would get up ok. The other girl got up slowly, slipping around in the mud, and backed away from Serena. Paul stood up next to me to get a better look, and sighed in relief as Serena got up.This game was getting dirty, and it was only junior varsity, so I could only imagine what the varsity game would look like.

After both games ended and the teams shook hands, Serena came running up to us, jumping onto Paul's back. "Hey guys!" She exclaimed

"Hey! You're covered in mud! Get off!" Paul yelled, setting her on the ground. She smiled and wrapped her arms around him, smearing the mud all over his clothes.

"Great game tonight, sweetie" mom told her, snapping a quick picture of Serena and Paul.

"Thanks mom!"