sixty two

Sam

"Is Paul not going to come to this meeting?" Jake asked me once we were all seated around the table. I was still fuming and I honestly have no clue how Paul was able to keep it together.

"He already knows about Alice's vision, so no, he does not have to be here. Right now he's taking care of my sister." I replied and they all nodded.

"What did she see?" Quil asked. Currently Laken and Leah were on patrol, so they would need to be updated, but they know about what happened to Serena because of the link earlier.

"Victoria is working with the Hastings and they're after Serena and Bella. Victoria personally turned Serena's friend Luke, and is using him to get to her. We don't know what Victoria wants, but we need to keep Serena out of the woods"

"Why is that?" Seth asked.

"Alice saw Serena and a blonde girl in captivity if Luke and another male vampire. They were nearing the cliffs but the vision stopped after that. We need to take every precaution possible to keep Serena and Bella safe, so there needs to be someone with them at all times. The Cullens are taking care of Bella, which means we have shifts with Serena. Paul is going to be with her a lot and so are Embry and I, so we'll only need you guys to fill in while we're busy or on patrol"

Serena

"I'm ready to talk" I whispered to Paul who never let go of me over the last two hours. Tears were still streaming down my face, but I needed to tell someone besides the Cullens about what I went through.

"I'm all ears" he replied, kissing my forehead. Over the last week, Paul has become more and more affectionate and it is the cutest thing ever, especially since he's this massive guy acting like a love struck puppy.

"You know that Henry raped me, but that wasn't all of it. After he was done, he beat me to the point where I couldn't go to school that week.

I was so scared throughout the entire thing, I didn't think he would stop. Amy wasn't there that day, so he could do whatever he wanted really.

Before that, all he would really do was toss a punch or slap my way once in a while, but it got worse as I got older. I think he knew that someone would find out eventually." I told Paul everything I told the Cullens and more, putting my full trust in him as he did in me the night before.

"Thank you for telling me, Serena, it means a lot to know that you trust me with that" Paul told me.

We laid in bed for hours just enjoying each others company before Paul had to leave for patrol. Seconds after he left the room, Jared came in.

"Hey, Renie" he said

"What's up, Jared?" I asked, looking at the alarm clock, "it's midnight"

"Sam has us on shifts watching you after Alice's vision, and since Embry and Paul are on patrol and Sam is with Emily, I offered up first shift"

"So you're just going to watch me sleep?"

"Oh, I didn't think of that. I guess." He sighed

"Come sit, there's no way you're going to stand there for the next 6 hours" he nodded and replaced Paul on the bed, keeping his distance.

"Goodnight, Renie,"

"Night, Jared"

I woke up to Paul coming back into the room and Quil leaving. Apparently while I was asleep he traded with Jared.

"Hey, how was patrol?" I asked, snuggling into him.

"No different than usual. Embry was still pissed about earlier but I calmed him down as much as I could"

"That's nice of you. Let's go back to bed, you must be exhausted"

We woke up hours later, but stayed in bed until Emily called us out for lunch. Once we were in the kitchen, we were met with half of the pack.

"So," I started, "you got me babysitters?"

"Only because of what Alice saw. We can risk you going into the woods and getting snatched by vampires" Sam said and I laughed at him.

"That's ok, I like this one, he's cute" I said pointing at Paul and he smirked at Sam.

"That's too bad because that one is fired" Sam responded, causing the guys to laugh.

After lunch, Embry and I were sent to the grocery store to get Emily ingredients for dinner. "Won't mom see me?" I asked

"Don't worry, she has the day off today. You'll be fine" Embry replied, picking a cart from the rack.

Emily sent us with a monster list of items to get. It must suck having to cook for a giant group of animals. Luckily, I won't have to do that.

"Embry" I said, stopping in my tracks, "I just saw Luke, we have to go"

We rushed out of the store and to the car, but Luke beat us there. "Going somewhere?" He asked, blocking our path.

"Leave us alone, Luke" I said angrily.

"Oh look! The lost little puppy found it's bark! How cute!" Luke joked

"Enough, go away, or else" Embry growled

"Or else what? You'll punch me? Newsflash, kid, vampires are indestructible"

"This isn't you, Luke" I said, trying to get him to use his brain.

"Honey, this is the real me. Victoria just helped me figure out who I really was. Now let's get down to business" the next thing I knew, Luke had a hold on my arm but Embry was quicker than that.

Within seconds of Luke grabbing me, Embry was in his wolf form and chasing Luke into the woods. Luckily, he dropped the keys and I was able to drive back to Emily's house.

"Hey, where's Embry?" Emily asked

"Chasing Luke away from here. He showed up at the store today so we weren't able to get your groceries. Sorry, Em" I told her.

"That's ok, I'll have Jake go and get them instead. I'm just glad that you're here in one piece" Emily replied, making me smile at her.