eighty nine

Serena

After Jared finished smearing cool whip all over me, I went to go wash off in the bathroom. As soon as I left the room, I could tell that they were already trying to figure out a new plan. I ended up throwing on some of Bella's clothes that she kept here, then made my way back to the group.

"Serena, Alice is going to try and see your future again. You're going to go upstairs with her and Edward, we're hoping that you're not too far in the phasing process for her to be unable to read her" Carlisle told me as I returned

"Can one of my boys come with?" I asked hopefully. I had no issue with Alice and Edward, but after the last time we did this I'd rather Sam, Embry, or Paul to be with me.

"I'm sorry, Re, but we can't. Alice might not even be able to see through you anymore so adding one of us to the picture would make it impossible" Paul told me, pulling me into his side.

"Yeah, we may even have to leave so she can get through" Sam added, I frowned at this, noticing Embry's frown as well.

"Can we just go then? That way we get it over with as soon as possible?" I asked earning nods from everyone else.

"The rest of us will plan for the next time Luke strikes. Hopefully we'll catch him this time" Esme told me, moving to the dining room with the rest of them.

I followed Alice and Edward up to the room we were in last time, grimacing at the memories that it brought up. "Don't worry," Edward said, "it shouldn't go to far this time now that we have that information"

"Yup. No offense, but you're still weak from when you went into 'the well' this weekend" Alice added. I sat in the same chair in the middle of the room, and Alice regained her position with her hand resting on my shoulders.

I could already tell that this was going to take a long time, maybe even longer than the last time. The longer I sat in this chair just staring out the window, the more tired I got. I wonder if it would still work if I fell asleep. "We could try it" Edward said, scaring the heck out of me.

"Stop doing that!" I exclaimed, "Its creepy!"

"Habit" he shrugged, "you can come sleep on the lounger, I'll get a blanket from the closet"

Alice followed me over to the lounger, keeping a hand on my shoulder the entire way over and as  I laid down. Edward came back with a blanket and laid it over me, but now I was kind of struggling to fall asleep.

The walking across the room woke me up again, and now it'll probably be a little bit before I fell asleep, or so I thought. Turns out I was so tired from just sitting in a room that I fell asleep almost as soon as I closed my eyes.

"Run! We have to run!" I screamed at the figure next to me. I had no clue where I was or who was standing next to me. All I knew was that we were in danger, and a lot of it at that. 

"What do you mean? Why!" The voice was panicked, but it didn't belong to anybody that I could picture.

"I don't know, ok! Something is after us and it's not going to turn out good!"

A branch snapping from the right made up our minds for us. We took off in the opposite direction, but whoever it was was hot on our tails. Well, whatever it was.

"What is that thing!" the voice panted, shouting over our heavy breathing and thundering footsteps

"Something that's trying to kill us. I know that for sure." I didn't have time for anymore words. As we burst into an open clearing, one of them popped out, stopping us dead in our tracks. As we moved to run another way, a harsh hand in my hair stopped me, yanking me backwards.

Looking at the person I was trying to save, I noticed that they weren't lucky enough to get away either. Before I knew what was happening, I was getting thrown across the clearing, landing at the other vampire's feet, quickly being yanked up to my feet by my hair.

"SERENA!" the voice of the other human yelled. So they knew who I was, but who were they?

"Well well, look what we have here" a voice seethed. The vampire holding me forced me to look across the clearing to the other pair. I could make out Lukes face behind the master person, holding them in the same way I was being restrained.

"What the hell do you want!" I yelled, but that only got the hand around my neck to squeeze it tighter, preventing me from saying anything else.

"Poor little wolfy, wasn't quick enough to save everyone" the voice behind me laughed. Wasn't quick enough? I wasn't quick enough for what?

"Say goodbye to your little buddy, Re, you won't be seeing them for a long time" Luke began to drag the person towards the edge of the cliff. I struggled against the thing holding me, throwing my body side to side to try and get to them. To try and do anything to stop him.

The grip on me only got tighter the more I struggled. They laughed as Luke reached the edge. "SERENA! PLeASE! HELP ME!" the mystery person yelled as Luke tipped the both of them backwards over the edge.

A bloodcurdling scream flew past my lips, matching the scream of the person that was now plummeting towards the water. "NOOOOOOOO!" I screamed, never ending torture was overcoming my body as I watched them fall. I wasn't fast enough. The vampire behind me chuckled as he slowly released me from his hold, disappearing into the woods quickly.

The screams never ceased. Not as I finally registered that I was free from my captivity. not when I ran up to the edge of the cliff at what felt like a snails pace. I wan't fast enough.