fifty two

Serena

I knew that I hurt Pauls feelings when I got in the car. I knew that he was was listening and I knew that I would hear it later but honestly I didn't give two craps. Screw the imprint and screw Paul.

"Let's blast some music and get this party going!" Birkley cheered, connecting to the aux cord.

Bailey pulled into the street and started the drive back to her house, going slightly over the speed limit but we were having too good of a time to care. We were jamming and that's all that mattered.

Even though I don't like him, I found myself subconsciously looking in the tree line for Paul's wolf. I just knew that he was following us back to make sure that we got back safe, but I couldn't tell where because it was pitch black out.

When we were halfway home, flashing red and blue lights stopped us in our tracks. "Oh fuck" Bailey said, turning the radio down slightly. We waited in the car for at least five minutes before a cop walked up to Baileys window.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" The cop asked her, shining his flashlight into all of our eyes.

"No sir" Bailey replied, sounding nervous.

I turned to look out of the window, watching as Paul's wolf made his way to the edge of the trees. His eyes were glowing, letting me know where he was. I must have been staring for a while, because the cop noticed.

"What are you staring at, girl" he asked, "trying to get away with something?"

"No! Nothing! I just have really sensitive eyes and the flashlight is hurting them!" I replied, snapping my head back to look at the cop.

"Yeah, and your friend wasn't going 15 miles over the speed limit. Now tell me, what are you hiding!" He accused

"Nothing! I promise!" A howl rung out from close by. Paul's howl. The cop got distracted and didn't pester me any further. Paul saved me again.

"Miss you were going 75 in a 60, I'm going to have to write you a ticket" the cop said, "license and registration please"

Bailey handed both items over and the cop walked back to his car to write the ticket. "That God I've had my license for more that 6 months, I could have gotten it suspended. My parents are still going to kill me though"

After 15 agonizing minutes, the cop finally came back with Baileys stuff and the ticket. "Drive the speed limit" he said before walking off.

"How much is it?" Birkley asked

"$300, and my insurance is going to go way up!" Bailey replied, pulling back onto the road, this time following the speed rules.

We made it back to Baileys house half an hour later and went straight to her room. "Do you guys want to do makeovers?!" Bailey asked

"I've never had a makeover before!" I exclaimed, getting super excited

"Then you're first!" Birkley cheered.

Baileys room was an above average size compared to what I've seen at other people's houses, but she used the space well. In one of the corners of her room, she had a large vanity housing dozens of different make up products and multiple hot tools.

They started by pulling my hair out of my face with a headband and the got to work on the make up. "Keep your eyes closed this entire time, ok?"

"Ok, sounds good" I replied, relaxing into the touch of the brushes.

After about twenty minutes, they finished my makeup. "Ok, keep your eyes closed, we're gonna do your nails and hair now!"

By the time they were done I was exhausted, but I was so excited to see the final product. Hair and nails took another 45 minutes and it was nearing one in the morning now, way past my bedtime.

"Open your eyes!" They cheered, spinning my chair around so I could look in the mirror.

The girl I saw before me was not me, this was a better version of me. Someone that people would actually like and know instead of being Embrys little sister.

My makeup look flawless and my hair was curled and styled in such a way that it looked professionally done. They also painted my nails a rich red color with sparkles for an accent. "Guys, this is insane!" I exclaimed in awe.

"Go put this on! It'll complete the look!" Bailey handed me an outfit and ushered me towards the bathroom. Looking at her choices, I saw a black skirt and a tight red crop top, which was true to Baileys fashion choice.

I stepped out of the bathroom with a huge smile on my face. This is what I needed, a day to be a girl rather than hanging around my brother and his friends all the time. "Serena! You look hot! Oh my gosh!" They both exclaimed, taking in the sight before them.

"I feel hot! Is this what you guys feel like every day?" I asked them, admiring myself in the mirror.

"Yes! You could totally do it too! You just need some more stylish clothes! And you're in luck because I'm getting rid of some stuff that I don't wear much but it would look totally gorgeous on you!" Bailey said, a huge smile on her face.

"Thanks guys, I really needed this! Now what's next?"

We did Bailey and Birkleys makeovers minus the nails, but it still took another two hours to get both of them done. I got to do both of their makeup because it would be good practice for myself, and honestly it didn't look too bad.

"Let's put on a movie and gossip now! Tell us everything with you and Paul!" Birkley asked, laying on the ground.

Bailey and I joined her, but I was a little reluctant to answer. "Uhm, I really don't know. He's one of my brothers friends, but he acts like he owns me and he's super overbearing. It's like I don't even get to live my own life because of them"

"Girl, it sounds like we need to find you a boyfriend that does not go by the name of Paul Lahote!" Bailey laughed and I laughed with her. She's right, I don't need Paul, he's really just going to drag me down. I think. I really don't know.

I know that I'm destined to be with Paul because of the imprint, and secretly my heart is pulling me that way, but my brain is telling me to run and get as far away as possible.