fifty one

Serena
"Hey mom, can I stay over at Baileys house tonight?" I asked after last period got let out.

"Yeah, go ahead sweetie. I work late tonight anyway so I won't be home. Tell Embry to stay at Jakes place tonight for me please?" Mom replied

"Sure. Thank you!" I exclaimed, hanging up the phone and turning to the girls. "Ready?" I asked

"Yes! Let's go look what teams we got!" Birkley exclaimed.

We took our backpacks and rushed down to the locker room hallway to see the list. There was a huge line from all the girls waiting to see if they made it, many of them looking disappointed when they walked away.

All of their faces made me worry a little bit. Were they upset because they didn't make varsity and only junior varsity? Or were they upset because they didn't make the team in general?

When we finally reached the front it took everything in me to muster up the courage to look at the list. I scanned the junior varsity list, my name was at the top. I made the team!

"Oh my God I made junior varsity! I made the team!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"And you made varsity!" Bailey added,  making me stop jumping to look at the list.

"What!" I yelled. Low and behold, my name was sitting at the bottom of the varsity list. "Ahhhh!"

We all cheered together before leaving the hallway to go to the parking lot. "Alright, let's stop at Serena's, then mine, and then we can go to Port Angeles!" Birkley said, hopping in the front seat of Bailey's jeep.

We stopped at my house first and I ran inside to grab a bag full of clothes and some money from my box. As I was leaving my room, Embry was walking down the hallway to go in.

"Where are you going?" He asked

"Staying at Baileys. Mom said to stay at Jakes"  I replied, brushing him off and walking back to the car. "Alright! Let's go!" I exclaimed when I got in the car again.

We stopped at Birkleys house after mine, then got on the road to Port Angeles. "What do you guys want to do first?" Bailey asked

"Shopping of course!" Birkley replied. The rest of the ride to the city consisted of us scream singing and laughing.

Once we finally pulled into town, we parked in front of the clusters of stores that looked interesting to us. For me it was the bookstore, but for B2 it was all of the clothing stores.

"Let's go down the line, then we can go get dinner!" Bailey said, and we all agreed.

First we went to a a dress store that was geared towards events like prom and homecoming. Next we went to a store called Victoria's Secret. "We should all get matching bras!" Birkley said.

We all agreed, and picked out a green bra that had a little bit of lace on it. "These are so cute! Too bad we don't have boyfriends for these" Bailey joked.

We went to the bookstore next and they looked so bored, but I picked out some books that looked super interesting, including a book about the Quileute legends to try and figure out more about what the pack wasn't telling me.

We went to a few more clothes stores, then stopped at the car to put our bags away before going across the street to a Mexican restaurant.  "I've heard really good things about this place from the guys, although I feel like they don't taste when eating and just focus on stuffing their faces"

We got seated at a table in the middle of the room, surrounded by families enjoying their meals. The waiter was super nice, really cute too, and I think that Birkley had a little bit of a crush on you.

Where are you 7:23 pm

Serena. 7:49 pm

Serena answer me 8:02 pm

God dammit, where the hell are you? 8:11 pm

Embry said you rushed out earlier 8:12 pm

You better not be in Port Angeles 8:12 pm

There's danger out there 8:13 pm

I shut off my phone after Pauls continuous text messages wouldn't stop coming through. "You alright, Serena?"  Bailey asked

"Yeah, I'm good, Paul just won't stop texting me" I replied.

"About what?"

"Apparently Port Angeles is dangerous and we shouldn't be here"

"Yeah, I've heard about all the disappearances, I'm not too worried about it though. There hasn't been one in a while" the waiter told us when he brought us our food.

"That makes me feel a little bit better" Birkley said.

We finished our food and paid our bill, then began the walk back to the car. On the way we stayed close together because it was late and dark out.

Once we reached the car, Bailey pulled out her keys while we waited at our doors. "Going somewhere, ladies?" A voice from behind me and Birkley asked, causing us to scream.

"Paul! What the hell! You psycho!" I yelled, smacking him across the face

"You're kidding, right, Serena?" He asked, starting to shake from anger.

"Paul, calm down and get out of my face. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I turned to get in the car but he grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"No! We talk now, Serena! What the hell were you thinking coming here when we've told you how dangerous it is!"

"Leave me alone! I'm just trying to have fun with my friends! Go home. Before I scream rape"

"Serena, I'm warning you now. Pull this shit again and we're going to have bigger problems"

"Get out of my face, Paul. Maybe next time try telling me the truth about what's going on and I'll listen to you guys" I finally yanked myself free from his grasp and got in the car, shutting the door and looking away from his angry face.

Bailey pulled out of the spot and from the mirror I saw Paul stalking off towards the trees, and soon after an angry howl was heard.

"What the hell is his problem!" I exclaimed

"He's just worried about you" Bailey said

"He has no reason to be, he's not my boyfriends and honestly I don't even want to be his friend anymore" I said before changing the subject.