twenty nine

Embry

We followed doctor Cullen down the hallway and took many turns before he led us into a small room, "there's not enough room for all of you to come in here, only one" he said, stopping the group from entering

"Sam, you go in with her" Sue told him, "no offense, Embry, but Sam will be able to handle it better"

"It's alright, Mrs. Clearwater, I was going to tell him to go in anyways. Besides, I'm starving and want to go hit up the caf" I responded, handing Serena to Sam, who protested until she was settled in his grasp.

Sam followed behind doctor leech and I watched as he laid her on the table before the door was closed, "let's go get some snacks!" Seth exclaimed and I followed him towards the cafeteria, Sue staying behind to wait for them to get done with x rays.

"Bella! What the hell!" I heard one of the leeches hiss. I looked up and saw Bella and Edward in the middle of a heated argument

"Edward no! I'm fine! It's just a paper cut!" Bella argued back

"Jasper tried to attack you again! We need to talk to my father!"

"Your father is busy with that pack of mutts!"

"Bella!" Edward hissed quietly in her ear, "there's 2 of the in here!"

"So? It's not like they're important! What's your father doing anyway? Don't they heal in like 6 seconds?"

"One of their sisters fractured her collar bone, the one that was sick last week or something"

"Really? She's just asking for attention apparently, first she shows up out of the blue, then has a super high fever, and now broke-"

"Fractured"

"Fine, fractured her collar bone! It's like I don't even matter to Jacob anymore!"

"Bella" the leech hissed, a stern look in his eyes, "is that all you really care about? Is Jacob? Fine, get Jacob to give you a ride home!"

The leech left the room and Bella looked baffled, opening and closing her mouth like a fish. "Hey Bella!" Seth exclaimed, "what are you doing here?"

"Oh, um, I was just leaving actually" the leech lover said, taking a step towards the exit before I stopped her.

"Oh really? I think you may have some apologizing to do first, after all, my sister did just fracture her collar bone" I shot at her and she looked towards her feet.

"Embry look I have to go-"

"You don't have to, you just want to go and suck up to your leech"

"Seriously, I have to go back, my dad is-"

"Just apologize already! You insulted my sister who has been through hell her entire life while you knew that we could hear you!"

"I'm sorry" she mumbled

"What was that?"

"I know you heard me mutt, I said that I'm sorry, not get out of my way" she hissed as she shoved past me. I watched her walk out before Seth and I finally ordered some food.

We brought the food back to where we left Sue outside in the hallway and waited with her for the X-rays to be done. When Sue was taking a drink of Seths water the door to the room opened and Sam walked out with Serena in his arms and doctor leech following him.

"The X-rays are going to take about half an out to develop and for our radiologist to take a look at so I'm going to put you guys in a room while you wait" doctors leech said

"We don't need a room, we can go sit in the lobby area" Sam said

"Please, it'll be safer and more comfortable for her to lay down in a bed away from people, and I know that Edward, Bella, and Alice are roaming around here somewhere"

"We'll go to a room then, but a bigger one, more of the guys want to come up since their not on shift"

"Alright, follow me then, it's just down the hall and to the left" doctor leech said and we followed him down the long hallway before he turned.

Doctor leech opened a door and let us in before going of and doing whatever leech doctors do. Sam laid Serena on the bed and covered her in the thin blanket, then took the chair next to it.

"Sam?" Serena asked

"Yeah, what's up?" Sam replied

"Can you have Emily bring food? I'm hungry"

"Yeah, what do you want?

"Mac and cheese. Home made though, Luke said that Kraft Mac and Cheese is disgusting"

"Yeah sure, I'll go call her quick" Sam said before leaving to call Emily in the hallway.

Sam

"Hey what's up?" Emily asked when she picked up the phone, "is Serena ok?"

"We don't know yet, but she wants home made Mac and cheese. I know it takes hours too so maybe you could swing by the diner on your way here?"

"Actually, I was making some for dinner tonight, so it's almost done. I'll bring some by in like half an hour. All I have to do is add a little more milk then put it in a container and go"

"You're amazing, I love you"

"I love you too, now go and spend time with your sister before Embry takes the role as favorite brother"

"You know I won't let that happen, Embrys nothing compared to me, I can legally drive"

"Go, Sam"

"Ok, ok, drive safe, I love you"

"I love you too, now goodbye" she said before hanging up on me. I walked back into the room to see the four of them laughing together, making me smile as I took my seat back next to the bed.

"Is she bringing Mac and cheese?" Serena asked

"Yes" I replied and she cheered.

My phone started to ring in my hand and I picked it up before looking at the name, "hello?"

"Sam, sighting on the north border. It's fresh. I'm going to go help Jacob and Quil, Paul's coming too" Jared said hurriedly

"I'm on my way, how many?"

"At least 3"

"Damn it, go help, I'll be there in a few" I said then hung up.

"Where?" Embry asked standing up ready to leave with me

"North border, you two stay here, we'll sing if we need you" I said, running out of the room and down towards the way we came.

"What about my Mac and cheese?" I heard Serena say before I was out of earshot.