six

"Let me see the papers" I said calmly

"No"

"Why not?"

"I don't have to show you anything"

"You don't have them, do you?" I asked her

"I'm not telling you-"

"Do you?!" I yelled at her, loosing my calm

"I don't have your papers!"

"I'm not actually adopted, am I?"

"Of course you are"

"Then you would have the papers from it, you kidnapped me" I said with disgust lacing my voice

"I never wanted you!" She spat at me, "it was all Henry's idea. You are just a waste of space!"

My head snapped to the side again, the result of her slapping me for a second time. I backed away from her so she wouldn't slap me again before speaking, "let me go"

"You aren't going anywhere. If you go to the police I will be arrested!"

"You need to let me go now, I want to go to my real family!"

"I'm not letting you go! You are to stay in this room until I come and get you for school tomorrow!" She yelled at me before slamming my door and bolting it shut from the outside.

I ran over to my mirror to asses the damage she caused to my face. I had 2 bright red hand prints on one cheek, and a giant bruise on the other from dodgeball.

"I need to get out of here" I whispered to myself, "but how am I going to do that. She's not going to let me go"

I grabbed my backpack and dumped everything out of it before going to my closet and stuffing clothes in it. I put in only a few pieces before I heard footsteps coming towards my door.

After closing my backpack I slipped on my shoes and opened my window. As I was hoisting myself out of the window the locks on my door started clicking.

I dropped to the ground and ran for the fence, throwing myself over it. I started running and was a few houses away from mine when I heard my 'mother' screaming for me.

I looked behind me to see her chasing after me so I ran faster, making it 2 blocks down before I couldn't run any more. Looking behind me I saw that she was still chasing me, so I sprinted up to the first house I saw and started knocking on the door like crazy.

"God damnit Serena! Get your ass back here before I slap you harder!"  She screamed from down a few houses

The door opened in front of me to reveal a drunk looking man with a beer bottle in his hand, "I don't want any cookies"

"Please, you have to help me! She kidnapped me!" I rushed out, constantly looking over my shoulder to the woman that was nearing the house

"What? Come in, quickly" the man rushed, seeming to sober up as soon as I spoke

He stepped aside and I quickly stepped into the  house, watching as he locked the door behind me. "Thank you!" I said out of breath, breathing hard.

"Do I need to call the police?" He asked, reaching for his phone.

Before I could answer a pounding started on the door and my mother started screaming for me to come out. The pounding and screaming continued before another man came out, this one talk, tan, and with big muscles.

"What going on dad? Who are you?" The new guy asked

"My name is Serena Joy Hastings but I don't think that that's my name anymore. I'm 15 years old. The woman outside kidnapped me when I was a baby, and I need help, please" I stammered, flinching every once and a while from the banging that was coming from outside.

The older man was on the phone, seemingly with the police, while the younger one was still looking at me.

"I'm Paul Lahote, at that man is my father". He said, still watching me.

I looked up at him and into his dark brown eyes, the world seeming to be put on pause for a few seconds.

Paul

The whole world stopped, the noises coming from my dad talking to the police on the phone and the lady outside were silenced, all I could do was stare into the girls brown eyes, I had imprinted her.

I was brought out of my trance by sirens in the distance. The girl broke eye contact with me and sighed, before collapsing to the ground in tears.

I rushed forwards to her and pulled her into my arms, shocked when she didn't push me away but leaned into me instead. "You're ok, you're going to be ok. Do you hear the sirens? They're going to get her and you'll be free" I whispered into my imprints ear, rocking us back and forth.

"The police are coming, they're going to take her into custody but you need to answer their questions" my father said to Serena, putting down the phone.

She nodded before wiping her eyes, "I'm sorry for breaking down like this," she told me.

"You don't have to be sorry, you're going through a lot right now," I responded helping her up.

A few minutes later the sound of sirens drowned out the sound of banging on my front door, and I used my I handed hearing to figure out the the lady outside had been taken into custody.

"This is the police, it's safe to come outside now" a voice said from the other side of the door, knocking softly in the process

The three of us walked outside where there was 2 police cars, one containing the lady from outside in the back seat. "We need you three to come in for questioning at the station in Forks, you can either drive their separately or come with us," the chief of police Charlie Swan told us.

"We can drive there separate, we'll be right behind you" I told the officer, leading my imprint and father over to my bead up 3 seater truck.