Distractions

Distractions

"Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it. Don't do it."

Oscar has succeeded in trapping me in my office. But I am currently on the ledge of my balcony, and he is holding onto me for dear life. So I have no choice but to hang off the side of my building.

And look at that the media have arrived including firefighters and police.

My building is 36 floors.

I am on the 35th floor.

The firefighters get up here, and the moment Oscar lets go. I fly down that ladder.

I hop in my two-seater, which has new tires. And drive to that damn house. Everyone follows.

The second I get out of my car and run towards the door, the one I can tolerate comes out.

"Calm down."

"Nathaniel, move!" He continues to block my path!

"Miss Baylor, it was my father. You are making a scene." He whispers, and I freeze.

The front door opens again, outcomes Cedric. He's only wearing black jeans.

"Tell them the truth!" I snap at him.

"But Bay," he pouts at me.

"What the hell did you just call me!"

And now I'm not on my feet. "Nathaniel put me down!" He walks me into his house on the way dragging Cedric by the ear.

"You. Get to your room."

Cedric walks away with a smirk playing on his lips.

Nathaniel drags me to his room, "Miss Baylor this is what he wants. Stop playing into this. You are better than that."

"I have worked far too hard for your brother to ruin it. This is what I get for being nice. I told myself not to get myself involved and what did I do? I raced him!"

Niel brings me a chair, and I sit.

"You are a nice person though. You just pretend to be mean. You don't want them to see you as weak. You've built the narrative of a back-breaking ruthless business Queen. You think it's falling apart because you've never been rumoured to be in a relationship with someone."

"They know where my racetrack is. How do they know where my-"

I walk out of the room and at the top of my damn lungs, "KENZO STEELS!"

He walks out with a big smile.

"You tracked his car."

He shrugs. "Maybe it should've been Cedric. He's wild but follows orders unlike-"

I hear muffling.

I turn around, and Nathaniel has his arms and legs bound. With two men holding him down.

"Stop it. What's wrong with you! He's your Son."

"He is a disappointment."

"What are you going to do with him?"

"What I should've twenty-six years ago when he came out looking like that."

"Miss Baylor don't-" one of the guys kick him.

He shakes his head viciously.

I don't know what to do. If I tell Kenzo I'll do whatever he wants, I'll become a Steels. If I stay silent, who knows what he's capable of? I know he knows my past, and he has yet to bring it to life. He tested me with Caroline. I-I don't know.