He's Sorry

He's Sorry

I gained my senses a while ago.

They were just stupid enough to force me into physical shock.

Since they couldn't get me to open my eyes, they dropped me in a hole. Of water.

I am certain, I have an undiagnosed case of PTSD. I don't like being submerged in water.

I don't know how long it's been. Cedric mentioned weeks, but now that time is lost.

"And how do you know she's not faking?"

I hear Ryder. I hear steps.

"You come closer. I'll kill you."

Well, pinning them against each other worked.

"She's not faking because I know she's dangerously ticklish on her feet and torso. And she is still out because of you!" Henry snaps at his older brother.

I feel something put on me. That's not a good sign.

The only thing I can do is act like I just regained my senses.

I snap my head up. Eyes wide. Big breaths.

"You!" I stare Ryder down.

Before he speaks Henry does.

"Angel, it's okay. I'm here. He won't touch you. Are you hungry? Tired?"

I'm already hooked up to an IV. And I know what I want, and I know I won't get it because this man is so against unnatural sugar.

But I have to take advantage of his calm mood.

"I-I'm okay."

He runs a hand through my damp hair. "Alright, I'll be back soon." He kisses the top of my head before leaving with Ryder.

This room looks like a dorm.

I wrap my hair up in a bun.

I open up the closet I see clothes.

I need to get out of these wet ones. I look around.

Three cameras.

I do what I have to. I take the mattresses off the frame and set them up to cover my body. I simply put on the sweats and tee-shirt that I unfortunately recognized as Henry's but, what am I gonna go about that?

At least they aren't Ryder because that man is the creepiest one alive.

Thinking about clothes, I wonder what they did to my dress.

I think about the things Niel told me. If we are in the institution, that means I'm going to have to go through a whole lot of shit to get out of here.

Feeling well enough and noticing that the IV is nearly done, I take the needle out of my hand and place it in the Petri dish nearby.

I know they didn't lock the door. They are either confident that I won't escape or Henry is too full of himself and believes I'm not playing him.

I walk out into the hall and explore. I've been here once. A certain type of training where there were cameras. There were were tons of people with laptops and notepads just watching. Things sure have changed and updated with today's tech.

I've always had great comprehension of where I am. As I walk I see a wall.

"Wall of dreams," I whisper.

I have to find it.

Every child who has step foot in this place puts something in this wall. It gives them hope. Before it's crushed.