Returning for a Moment

Months later.

Niel and I have gotten through this unorganized process and we are finally in a state where we have organized schedules for everyone.

Breakfast is from seven to eight in the morning. Niel and I split the kids up. I have the kids seven and under. Niel has eight and older. The kids we didn't know their ages, we did some tests to assume.

We have 2 hours of numeracy in the morning. Then a physical activity break. After that is lunch. Then it's literacy and world geography for the rest of the day until dinner. The kids may do as they like till lights out.

I recently got my shipment of books because most of them spend time in the library.

Niel and I are in my room.

"So Cedric earned his first billion... Star is starting preschool. And Caroline has been bugging me because she knows I know something." Winston relays to us.

"Well Winston what do want me to do?"

"Call her!"

"I'll send her a letter okay?"

"Fine. Oh and Oscar would like you to be his best person. As in he truly believes you will show up to his wedding and act like nothing ever happened. You will do all best person duties also known as the speech-"

"Where did you get this information?"

"Rossi. We made a deal. I hire some of his guards to watch his friend. He hires my guards to watch the Mecrucios."

I look at Niel. "We are going to that wedding."

"Uh our appearance?"

"Mine is easy to revert but your hair is bleached..." I trail off.

He shrugs. "I'll buzz it."

I stare at him wide eyed. "You want to buzz your hair?"

"It's really hot here. It'll help a ton but I guess when the time comes. Speaking of, when is it!"

"Next spring."

"Alright." Winston lets us go.

"Since your hair was a natural dye you can just use a different type of shampoo and it should all go. It might take a couple of washes though." Niel says. "And I want you to buzz it."

"When the time comes we'll discuss." I assure him.

...

The following year.

"A week. And your hair is still midnight."

"I'm washing it tonight. I'm trying to perfect this leave me alone!"

"You've written a gazillion speeches. You are good. You got this. You've known Oscar since forever. Anything you say will be lovely. Just be yourself."

I believe him. "Okay no more changes. Wanna lend me a hand?"

"Let's go."

...

"Niel you used a bottle of shampoo. I think you should stop."

"The bottle was like 400ml. And your head is like a dirty blonde but instead of brown it's black. Just a few more times-"

"My scalp will be red- Niel stop this."