Capo

Capo

Carmella and I are having breakfast with the Mecurcio's after being on our own for a couple of days.

"Sofie!"

"I do not know who you are rushing." I glare at Oscar as I'm eating his mother's delicious food. I begged her to cook. She never disappoints.

Oscar mutters under his breath about me blocking.

"SIR! IT IS 8 IN THE MORNING!"

"I didn't mean it like that. I just wanted you to leave."

"Oscar!" Carmella snaps at him.

I sigh. "It's fine. I have things to do." I finish up my food, and Antonio walks in.

He taps my shoulder.

"What things to do?" Oscar stares at his cousin.

"I just have things to do. You want me to leave. I'm not staying cooped up in that room. Antonio offered to be my driver."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"The only name that has left your mouth for the past five days is Carmen. Not even a 'hi Sofie.' It's been Carmen this and that. You have a problem that I'm with Antonio. Would you rather me go alone?"

"Can we talk in the other room for a moment?" All emotions vanish from his face.

We step into the living room.

"What's the issue?" I ask.

"Antonio falls for any girl at the drop of a hat-"

"If you think you'll lose me to your cousin just like you thought the same when it came to Carmella, just say that."

"She said that?"

"No, I asked her about your childhood. I asked her about Antonio. She brought up that you became extra possessive over her when you were sick, and your Nonna kept you bedridden. He is the one who kept her company. Why are you against him having friends? You are acting like you own me or we are in a serious relationship. You need to step back." With that, I walk away and meet Antonio outside.

He opens his car door for me.

When he begins to drive he speaks first.

"Oscar and I have never really gotten along. I think it is best if this is the last day we are alone together-"

"Antonio, you are a grown man capable of doing as you please."

"And I please to keep the peace in my household. Oscar's father is the head of the house. While he is gone and Oscar is present it is him. All other times it is me. So as he is here, I will listen to his instructions."

"You are older." I counter.

"But his father is senior."

I huff in frustration.

I see a small grin on Antonio's face. "Saffron, I am also a man entitled to my opinion. And it is-"

"To stay in what you believe is your place to be."

He nods.

"No more talking?"

Another nod.

I smirk cuz I'm just waiting for the moment.

You can hear the defeat in his voice, "Saffron, where are we going?"

"Private farm on the other side of town. I'll explain when we get there."

...

Pulling up to the ranch, there are guards everywhere. Finally, we are stopped by one.

They point guns at the car.