Action

Action

Third-person POV

"Henry, get up! We are late."

Henry stays put, staring at the wall. He's been a wreck since the sudden passing of his daughter.

"You killed her." He whispers to his older brother.

"I saved you," Ryder says.

"Screw you. You always hurt the people close to me."

"Why are you mad that you got the person I wanted? Mary wasn't up to par with you anyways"

Henry shrugs, "you're the reason Caroline left in the first place. And it sounds like you liked Mary more than you lead on."

Ryder pulls on his hair. "You know what, I don't care. I will tell the world you were too broken to show up. You are acting the same way we started this."

Henry's laugh is fuelled by pain. "You convinced me that I'd be making her stronger, and it broke her."

"So she'd be unbreakable."

"You killed her."

"I DID NOT KILL HER! SHE RAN AWAY AND SET HER OWN FATE!"

"Whatever you say. I won't believe you. I've always listened to you brother. All my kids didn't make it past 25."

"I can't even have kids, Henry!"

"Yeah, Because you caused it yourself. You knew what you were doing and knew it was going to get you in trouble. You know you make everything about you and what you want."

"I don't care. I'm out!" Ryder storms out of the room.

He makes it to the venue. He sees the people. He sees the partners. As the ceremony starts. He stands at the front of the casket.

Then he soon makes his way to the stage. Where Oscar. His girlfriend. Winston. Erivo and Ula are seated.

Saffron's POV

I had to make Oscar cry this morning. I had him talk about his regrets that day. And I don't think he's done that before.

He is shaking beside me. His eyes are bloodshot. He holds a handkerchief to cover his face below his eyes. His tie isn't even proper, and he won't let me fix it.

I had to convince Winston to let me come here. I am wearing a ginger wig. My outfit is so inappropriate for the occasion. I'm also wearing a giant black floppy hat.

I barely noticed Ryder making his way over here.

"Thank you all for gathering here today to remember the life of my niece. Saffron Baylor Sage Nash."

Oh yeah, he exposed my name to the world. Dumbass.

"It seems that my brother was not in the right mindset to join us this morning. I ask of you to keep him in your prayers."

The man talks about my early days.

The lies falling from his mouth are disgusting.

Then he says what makes me break.

"The Nash family has already experienced many losses. I've lost my Nephew. Saffron's older brother. Who she adored. He lost his battle with mental illness. He never spoke up about them, and he left too soon. Taking the life of Saffron's younger sister with him. Now that she is gone. There is a bigger hole left in our family. I wouldn't want to ramble on. But we have a few words from Saffron's closest friend Oscar Mecurcio."