Plans

Plans

"She's my best friend, of course I have to embarrass her."

I don't want to open my eyes.

"Oscar, I'm trying to sleep, shut up."

"Okay." He starts, chortling like there's no tomorrow.

I can't take this. I raise myself up and scream, falling off my bed.

Oscar starts laughing.

"Morning Bay. You seemed to have rested well. I always knew I was more comfortable than a bed." The man smirks.

"Why didn't you leave!" I stare at him in disbelief.

"Uh, because the moment I did, you started tossing and turning. When I came back, you rolled onto me and stayed there."

"Nope. That never happened. THIS NEVER HAPPENED!" I walk into my bathroom and wash my face.

"Sofie it definitely happened. I have the video as proof." Oscar shows me a 5-minute video.

"Okay, Cedric, let's explain what happened?" Oscar laughs.

"There isn't much to it. She rolled on me and hasn't moved for the whole night."

"Cuz you know this never happens when I'm asleep next to her."

They joke back and forth.
...
"You think I should wake her?"

"Look at her snuggling against you. Uh no. She's about to hate me...She's my best friend. I have to embarrass her."

The video cuts off with me falling out of bed.

I take his phone and delete the video.

"I already saved it to my Dropbox. I emailed it to myself. I have it in my Google photos. It's in my drive. And I sent it to my momma."

I gasp, "Oscar, not your mom! I'm not supposed to be alive!"

"Oh, she already knew. I can't lie to my mom. And she knew I was seriously crying. She came to the conclusion herself. And she'd be happy to know that you have friends."

I give him back his phone and push him out of my bathroom.

I take a shower and slip into my robe.

"WHY ARE YOU BOTH STILL HERE!" I snap at them.

"Hey, no need to yell. Oscar wanted to know what happened yesterday."

I run a hand through my damp hair.

"Oscar, what did he tell you?"

"That you guys were watching a Disney movie, and you told him that he is the most attractive man you've ever encountered, which I am offended considering I am better looking than he is."

"I hate that the both of you get along."

"Blame yourself." They both say.

I walk into my closet.

"Oscar, you are the most attractive man with melanin I've ever encountered, while Cedric is one of the most attractive men lacking melanin I've ever encountered."

"You know that was so backhanded!"

I roll my eyes, "where's Niel?"

"We spent the night in your office. He was determined to finish. I came up to wake you up, and this happened."

I'm feeling a lazy day, so I'm just wearing a basic Saga army green jumpsuit.

I move towards my tv and put my thumb in the little slot. It scans my print.