Play Day

Play Day

"Winston. Tell them I am not leaving this building." I roll my eyes.

I can see them on my security cameras.

"Saffron-"

I glare at the man in the corner, and he shuts up. "Once again. I don't create situations. They come to me! You think I told them to stand outside my building with signs! The entire Steels clan is out there!"

Those kids should be in school.

Then I hear, "Goldie!"

I look back at the Tv.

Niel has Elle up to the camera. "Goldie! If you don't come outside, I'll drop out of school!"

I hate my life.

"Saffron, don't do it."

"Uh, I'm not letting the first-grader drop out of school. Knowing that family, they would let her."

I look so unprofessional right now. I am wearing a plain black tee and athletic shorts.

I can't believe I'm falling into this trap.

Winston, along with my top security and Oscar are either outside blocking the door or in the lobby as a backup.

"Oscar, did you try speaking to them?"

"Yes. They won't leave until you go outside."

I groan, and the security split as I step outside.

I immediately scream as Adam and Dallas pick me up.

"RUN!" Cedric and Niel yell.

...My security isn't running after us.

Oscar is a bastard.

"I hate you all, well not the kids or the women, because I personally don't know you guys except Elle. No offence, she's my favourite."

So, I am placed on Niel's back.

Everyone else is walking like 30 feet behind us.

"Hey Saffron, how've you been?"

"Uh, awful. How much do you have against Oscar for this?"

"Cedric has his ways. Speaking of Cedric. I know you guys talked the other day."

"And?"

"And he came up with this elaborate plan to get you to see us."

Now I feel guilty. "Neil, I think you should know-"

He leans his head up and smiles, "I know. I knew since the institution. Well, not really but you two understand each other well and we... we are better as friends. I still have a lot of learning to do, and since our date, I knew my feelings weren't as strong as Cedric's are for you." He laughs. "Plus Sofie. You didn't choose after he dropped out. That really said something."

"I was confused, and I knew he was just upset and didn't actually mean it. And I didn't want to choose you just because what he said hurt me."

"Valid response. Plus, I know the real reason why." He winks up at me. "Now admit that I cook better than he does."

I burst out laughing. "He made burgers. You made me a steak. I can't compare-"

"They are both cow."

"Okay, it was the best burger I ever had-"

Niel drops me and turns back to the crowd.

"Cedric, she's a lunatic. She says you cook better than me. Take her!"