Oscar's Girl

Oscar's Girl

Business has finally been back to how it was before Kenzo and his bullshit.

I am still working with Niel on the Bayrivo stuff. I hang out with Ji and Peyton every now and then.

They haven't asked, but I feel like they know.

Oscar runs into my office covered in sweat.

"Dude. Sweat and a suit do not suit you."

He takes the jacket off.

"You sweat more than me, shut up."

"Yes but I change afterwards. Want me to get you a shirt? Actually, do you have plans tonight? I kinda wanna hang out."

Oscar scoffs, "you want to hang out with me? Is your boyfriend not available?"

I swallow down hard. "Oscar, we broke up a month ago."

He stares at me blankly.

"I didn't tell you on purpose," I admit.

He is pissed. "Why? Cause you don't want me to kill him? Or my I told you so?"

"You don't even know what happened."

"Enlighten me." He takes a seat.

"Fine, he cheated on me with Niel's girlfriend."

"You okay?"

I nod.

"Sofie, did you cry?"

I don't want to answer him because he will be upset with himself for not being there.

"Oscar, you have to understand-"

"I just want to be there for you. I know you have other friends now. But just shoot me a text. Anytime. Any day-"

"That you are not in bed with Felicity." I roll my eyes humorously.

"You'd be surprised to know that I actually haven't slept with her."

I clap. "I am so proud. But I have a feeling you turned her down for a reason?"

"I'm old. I want to be in something serious."

"You are 25."

"I want children while I'm young. I want my one."

"Does Felicity know that?"

"I don't think we are on the same page. She cares about her parents' view very much and I'm just the dirty European."

"No, you aren't. And if Felicity lives to have her parents' approval she isn't the one for you." I really don't get this 'dirty European talk...' they are both black.

"You act like this is easy."

"I don't want to say it, but Oscar you long for that one person and you won't find her here."

He clenches his jaw and stands.

He's scared.

"Oscar, you go through my fan mail. You never go through yours. The reason is, she writes you every year on your birthday. Is that why you don't celebrate your birthday?"

"We have the same birthday." He whispers. He continues, "the same day, we both asked each other out using notes because we were embarrassed. Same day we had our first kiss. Same day we broke up. Same day I got my first letter over here saying she misses me and wishes me well over here. I've never opened another letter. I've never written back."

He thinks she hates him.

"She wrote your mom," I tell him.

"What?"