Welcome to the Real World

I am currently interviewing people in my Baylor building. Winston sent me a text that Cedric is coming up.

I watch the camera footage on my phone. The various dirty looks my workers give him... kinda feel bad for the guy.

He walks in.

"Give me like five minutes, you can go upstairs. It's open." I say and he goes without a word.

I finish up the interview and head up to see him just standing in the middle of the room.

"You okay dude? You can take a seat-"

"Why are you so nice to me after I disappoint you time after time... why trust me with this opportunity?"

"Cedric there's no one I believe is more qualified for this-"

"My brother?"

"Is not good at taking ultimate control. He is too kindhearted. You have backbone. He is unstable time to time."

"Wouldn't the only reason he's unstable be something to do with our family or you-"

"Yep."

"I accept the offer. Casey is pissed though. He doesn't think I deserve it."

"Well, because you don't. None of you do. But I still want to give it. I meant what I said long ago. I don't think you are a bad person. We all make mistakes. We all make choices we have to live with. I'm not letting our past relationship effect the prosperity of my company."

"They will talk."

I smile. "Since when has my name ever been out of their mouths?"

"Okay. You are right but Saffron... they will tie this back to our parents."

"I know. But why should what they say bother me? Why should I care? Caring is what got me in this mess. What I do is on me now. It's for me. Not for them."

He nods, "what changed?"

"I'm not scared anymore."

...

"NO COME BACK! Don't leave me!"

"Elle this is my birthday gift. I bet Goldie will be upset if I don't use my gift." It's been over a year...

I back Niel up. "Elle I would be very upset if he doesn't use his gift."

"You did this!" She yells at me.

"Elle he's leaving tomorrow we are going to your show today. So let's go."

"No. I want mommy!"

"JIANNA I SWEAR THIS CHILD IS KILLING ME!"

She comes down. "I told you I wasn't going to that show Elle."

"Why?"

"I'm watching Star-"

The small girl start growling.

I pick her up. She starts crying in my neck. I walk her into a more private room.

"Elle what's the matter?" I place her down.

"I-I-I-"

"Take a deep breath. And speak with me, I'm listening." I've learned a thing or two from Zano's meltdowns.

Elle breathes for a couple of seconds and wipes her face. "No one listens to me anymore."

"Why do you think that?"

"They are all working or with Star."

"Star isn't doing it on purpose."

"How do you know that?"