Confess

Confess

I have been super busy. I've been working with lawyers. Trying to make my testimony full proof.

The Steels boys have been trying to hang out, and I don't have time. I barely have time to see Oscar and I work with him.

Today I have my morning. And it's ruined when there is knocking on my door.

"Didn't I tell you guys I'm busy?" I open the door.

They look at each other. And turn back to me, "we need to talk."

I let them in. I grab my chocolate milk and sit on my couch.

"You guys gonna sit? This must be important for you to-"

Niel rolls his eyes. "I really don't know why we are here. I already know what's about to happen, and everything is about-"

"So we have a problem we want your opinion. You are a girl. You know a girl's mind." Cedric says.

"Uhhh, okay?" I say confused... can't they talk to the women in their home?

Niel continues. "I like a girl, he likes the same girl-"

My eyes widen. "Woah, why are you putting me in this? Who liked the girl first?" This feels like an Oscar situation.

Cedric explains. "That's the complicated part. The feelings were always sorta there, but we realized it at the same time we stood up for her."

"I don't think someone is worth your relationship-"

"She is worth it!" They both snap at me.

"You know you both seem on edge. I am on edge. You know, I might be giving testimony in a couple of days about my trauma, and you bozos are here stressing me out!"

Cedric paces, "I can't do this anymore. Saffron the girl is y-"

"Yanna."

I eye them, "My head of media? Yanna?" When did they- I swear she has a-

"Yes her," Niel says.

And Cedric is staring at him blankly with a are you stupid face.

I grab my phone. "Yanna, strange question, you have a boyfriend correct?"

"Yes, Miss Baylor, is that all?"

"How's the billboard?"

"It should be up tonight."

"That's all, thank you." I hang up.

I look at the Steels'. "Does that help?"

"Saffron, I'm about to do something, don't scold me. He won't be hurt. I want you to pay attention to me."

I do as Cedric says.

I am shocked when he pushes Niel. He wasn't ready because he practically flies across the room.

"He lied the girl is you!" Cedric rushes out before Niel tackles him. "You idiot."

They both stop fighting and sit on the floor, avoiding my gaze.

I can't help but laugh, "you both know that I am literally not attracted to anyone in that way-"

"We don't think that's true." They say simultaneously.

"But you do know that even if I did, I wouldn't choose between the two of you."

"Which is why I said this was pointless."

"You guys are great. But-"

Cedric speaks up, "our movie nights? You felt nothing?"

Then Niel, "our talks in your truck. On the cliff? Nothing?"