Court: Ryder

Court: Ryder

Preston gets straight to it.

"Ryder why do you think you are in this position?"

I feel his gaze on me. "I am never appreciated for the good I do."

"Can you tell us what you believe your good is?"

"I kept everyone focused for her training-"

"Her?"

"Darling- I mean Saffron."

"Continue."

"Even when Henry was a coward, I pushed her. And she ran away. She only ran 6 blocks but she never came back. I influenced her to go out on her own and that's why she is successful. I served for years and I was never appreciated. Two bronze stars. A Navy cross. What does that symbolize? My brother gets everything most times because of me and I never get a simple thank you."

"What have you done for your brother?"

"I helped him raise his children. If it weren't for me he would've never met Caroline. He got the medal of honour. I threw a bomb back to save the team. He pulls one person away and he gets glory."

"And it seems like you have a lot built up against your brother and well your best friend. Is it the reason my clients believe you are trying to ruin their lives?"

"I adore Caroline. My brother looks up to me for guidance. Saffron is like my own. I watched her grow..."

"I think I'm going to throw up." I whisper.

Niel questions my health. I'm just holding on. I know he isn't doing too hot either.

Then Ryder says the words. "She doesn't know what's she's talking about. And Nathaniel is a brilliant mind the only one who can compete with Saffron. I did that. I cared for them like my own. We've had great times."

"Then what would you call these?"

They play clips of him hitting us. Screaming. Drowning us. Cutting us. Literally anything ethically considered wrong.

"Disciplinary response."

I suddenly feel slightly pain in my leg. Niel is muttering crap under his breath. It's like I can feel how angry he is. His hands are in fists over his knees. His knuckles white. Just a mental reaction.

"For over 10 years of their lives?"

"I believe I have the power to discipline my students."

"You believe this was reasonable force?"

"Yes."

"Ryder are you attracted to Saffron?"

I am definitely going to throw up.

"You look kinda green." Niel whispers.

I shake my head.

"No." I hear after a very long pause.

"Then can you explain."

Videos of him touching and kissing me.

"Expressing my affection."

"The look on her face says otherwise." Niel whispers.

Is he talking about now or the videos?

"Stop... Miss Nash?"

I snap my head up. "Your honour?" I cover my mouth.

"Are you alright there?"

I nod.