MCH

MCH

I literally couldn't sleep.

At four in the morning, I stand outside my building.

This is when my earliest employees come. I send them home. I did send a message out, but I know my workers. They are tough.

All my employees are usually in the building by six. Its Saturday.

I put a chain and lock over the entrance. I got a comfortable chair, and I'm sitting out here.

People question me. Some strangers talk about the case. Some film. I don't really care.

"Miss Baylor?" A large group of my workers have arrived.

"Morning Everyone. You can go home now. No one will be here for a couple of days. Go spend some time with your families. Yes, you will get your bonuses early. I apologize for how sudden this is."

Then I see Oscar. Felicity is attached to his side.

"Sofie, what's going on?"

"It's your day off. Why are you here?"

"I was close by. Why are you sending everyone home?"

I just give him a look.

"Can we talk?"

We talk in my two-seater.

"Niel came to see you didn't he?"

I nod.

"What happened?"

"I told him everything. I told him about the kiss, about how I freaked. How I am stressed and tired, and I can't choose. That I needed to distance myself from them. I already have so much on my plate."

"You didn't sleep." His eyes meet mine.

"I tried and I just tossed and turned."

He furrows his eyebrows. "Aren't you supposed to be in-"

"We both needed to reschedule. I need a couple days for myself. A day where I don't need to think about what's going on in my building. A day to clear my mind and get back on track because these last two months have been hell."

"Alright... I guess I'll let you go. Just don't go too far."

I nod.

We get out of the car.

The final set of workers is here. Oscar takes care of it.

"Hey, Sofie-"

Since kindergarten, I've told people my name was Sofie because I'd flinch... every time someone said my real one.

"Kara," I say plainly.

She narrows her eyes at me. "Don't think for a second-"

"Felicity. I have a lot going on right now. I thought we were over the whole hacking my treehouse crap. Please don't hurt him to get to me. I don't even know why you hate me. But Oscar stays out of it."

"You care about him a lot. Maybe too much."

"You know nothing about us. I told him to go out with you. Oscar may forgive you for the rumours, but I'll never look past that. He deserves to find someone who cares about him and if that's you, then so be it, but right now, I don't like the vibe you are giving me."

Oscar comes back, "Sofie-"

"I'm sorry, I need to go." I get in my pick-up and drive. I go to the one place I felt free.

Maxon's Coffee House.

The bell goes as I walk in.

The man has his back facing me, wiping down counters. "I'm sorry we aren't open just yet."