Date aftermath

Date Aftermath

I'm on break and Oscar is just listening to me rant.

It's been two weeks and my head is all over the place. I even made a holographic visual board.

I pull it up for him to see.

"Both of these were impressive," Oscar says, sipping on some water. "Niel took his creativity and showed himself. While Cedric chose something you both loved. I see you put up predictions. Want to explain?"

"I told you in the past that I can really talk with Niel. But with Cedric, it's fun and adventurous. Niel keeps me in the moment while Cedric takes me away."

"I just think Cedric has the one up because you guys almost kissed."

"Okay, but Oscar, think about it in comparison. Niel would never-"

"Get six inches face to face with you."

He didn't have to put it like that.

I listen to him speak, "Sofie as your friend, I'm just going to say if you choose Niel, you both will have no clue what you're doing. It'll be full of firsts. Maybe even better. If you choose the other you'd be a follower as he is more knowledgeable on the subject even without actually having a real relationship before."

I think about it. I pace. It's this constant argument.

Are Niel and I too similar?

How do I know if Cedric is serious?

I stop, and Oscar questions me.

I take a breath, "fun doesn't last forever..."

"So, do we have an answer?"

"No!"

"Okay, okay. Since personality is balanced. Make your decision on who are you more physically attracted to-"

"Uhh neither."

"Saf-"

I put my hands up in defence. "They are both good-looking guys. Oscar, they are brothers how the-"

"They look very different from each other-"

"Okay, one has lighter hair, the other has wide almond eyes. So what?"

"Kiss both of them whoever one you like more boom."

"It's not that easy. That would be Niel's first and not fair."

"Technically, your first too. But you are only saying that because you almost-"

I sit in my chair and groan.

"Oscar, you are killing me."

"I don't care anymore." Oscar scoops me up and drags me to a car as I fight him.

Though my disapproval, we make it to the estate.

We stand at the door.

"Goldie!" Why is this small child opening the door?

I pick her up. "Hey Elle, do you happen to know where I can find Uncle Nathaniel and Uncle Cedric?"

"They aren't talking." She frowns.

"What do you mean?" I carry her through the house as she points to where I should go.

"It's really bad." She whispers.

I see all the kids hiding and peeking in a room. On the other side, it's the other Steels boys doing the same.

I peek too. Niel and Cedric are just eating. But staring at each other and the gaze is in fact awful. I put Elle down.