Milan's Journal

Milan's Journal

I pick up two whiteboards and two markers.

I get up and walk to the closet.

I want to assume it's large considering a guy like Nathaniel has been in there for this long.

I take a breath and walk-in.

And I was right it's actually large enough for about five people to sit in.

I turn on the light and close the door. I sit across from him and hand him a whiteboard.

He immediately writes, what do you want?

I flip my board. You're right.

He just stares at me.

I wipe the board. The walls are insulated. My throat does feel fine.

"Why'd you do it?" I ask softly.

He avoids my gaze, "I told you I don't like him."

"You don't taze someone twice just because you don't like them."

"I refuse to let another person die in this building. I refuse to let everything Milan did go down the drain."

"Everyone Keeps talking about him in this light I've never seen before. To me, he was just my big brother. He loved cars. He protected me every time the twins came after me till they were going to kill him. I begged them to stop, and I promised that he wouldn't get in the way anymore. So they let him go. He'd come to me every night making sure I'm fine. When you people talk about him, you make him so secretive. So deceitful. Like he had this whole plan, and it doesn't make sense."

"He never mentioned your name in that book. He said he had a sister, and then later in the book, he'd say the name, Sarah. So I assumed he meant her. Then you woke up, and you screamed his name. That's when I knew things weren't as they seemed. It's not like Milan is a common name either. When Milan sent me that book. There was a note that said I should keep it safe. That she would be coming for it. I assumed Sarah. Till I read the last entry and I was utterly confused."

"W-why did you stay an extra year?"

"I didn't choose to stay. I was forced to. When Cedric left, I fell into my isolation. It was their job to break me. They never could. But him running did. My father is a very important man to this school. If they returned me in the state I was in, they would've lost something big. So they told him I refused to complete work, so I was being held back. Knowing damn well I was at the top of my class. Grades are the second tier. They want your mind. That's all they want."

"Then how'd you leave?"

"I think you should read Milan's journal before we have this talk." He stands and walks out.

He sits in front of Cedric as they continue their...game.

I pick up the whiteboard and ask them to explain what's going on.

They show me what they are doing.

So they play Rock Paper Scissors. And whoever wins picks up a pillow. And smacks the other.

I silently laugh at how stupid it is.

Niel picks up the whiteboard and hands it to Cedric.

They have matching smirks.

When Cedric turns the board it simply says. Wanna play?

I viciously start shaking my head as the both of them started assaulting me with pillows. I'm trying so hard not to laugh. And so are they.