Preparations

Preparations

So this funny thing happened.

No one except my workers knows I'm up.

And me being 'out' has ruined Kenzo's life.

All because he is a fifty-something-something-year-old man who bullied a 24-year-old girl into humiliation in front of the press.

Oh please. I laughed reading the articles.

"Hey, get up." Oscar pulls my blanket off of me.

"You see now I'm cold-"

"Says Miss cold-blooded. Come on, we have to get to the venue. So it's time for you to get up and tell the world you're awake."

I groan and walk to my office home closest. I decided to stay here for a while. So I'm closer to work.

"I'm too lazy to change." I drag myself to my bathroom. I pull my wasp's nest into a bun. I wash my face and brush my teeth.

I sneak up on Oscar, preparing my tumbler. I jump on his back.

"I'm done being scared of you. Is Miss Baylor-ow!"

I pulled his ear. "I hate when you call me Miss Baylor. What if I called you Mr. Mecurcio?"

"I'd laugh. Now you going out in public wearing a tank top and baggy sweats?"

"Why not? I'm my own person. Just hand me my glasses, please." He walks us over to them.

"Uh, Sofie. It might get chilly, so I'll bring a cardigan in case. You ready to go?"

I give him a hum of approval. And we head out.

We get in the elevator, and I feel so tired.

"Sofie, are you going to get off of me?"

I chuckle, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Do you have a problem with me on your back?"

"No, but-"

"Then I don't think we have an issue. Let's go." The elevator doors open.

Nova walks into the building, "morning Nova, how are you?" I greet her with a smile.

"I'm good Miss Baylor. Nice to see you doing well. Jack is at the venue waiting for you."

I thank her as Oscar, and I go. We walk out and ignore the cameras following us.

I let Oscar drive Brontide as we head to Jack's mansion-style hall.

"Sofie, what's with you sleeping all the time? Are you sure you're alright?" I open my eyes, seeing Oscar has stopped driving.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I've just been up late."

He stares me dead in the eyes. "Saffron, what time did you go to sleep?"

Oscar hates when I don't sleep. But I can't lie to him about it. "six."

"You slept for an hour, and you have a booked day?"

"I need to be ahead Oscar. Yesterday was the only time I had."

"Give me your keys."

I pout, "Oscar, not my keys."

"Yes. You are no longer staying at the building. You'll make yourself sick. And I'm taking care of you before it happens. Keys now!"

I sigh, handing him my keys.

"I'll be taking Brontide, and I know your battery is dead for a two-seater. I'll pick you up and drop you off."

I ignore him because if I argue, I know I won't win.

Insouciant (The Billionaire With A Choice)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें