Secrets

Secrets

"You know I think you have a problem with entering my building at ungodly hours of the night."

"I'm tired of pretending everything is going back to normal when we know it'll go back into chaos. I know you've been thinking what I have been thinking. Tell me when and how we get there."

I drag him into my closet.

"You have an outlet in here? Now I don't need to ask why you are in here all the time?"

I smile at him, "you learned sarcasm."

"Now come on."

I've done some remodelling.

My shoe cabinet is now my hologram room. It just has better graphics than the table.

I pull up the building.

"They don't know about the room. Or the basement. That's how we get in. But we go to the other building because a majority of their investigation is in the one we were in."

"And I actually do have the car. It's at this abandoned barn right now. But it's good. If not, we can always take the train."

I nod. "I have the place," I say.

"Where?"

"Singapore or Sierra Leone."

"And how safe would it be in each?"

"We wouldn't be found so easily within West Africa. Yet South East Asia has what we need 100%. I think we should take a trip."

"He'll gain suspicion."

"I promise he won't."

"He talks about you all the time-"

I eye him, "jealous?"

"Who's the one with you right now?"

"You play like that and he'll find out."

His arms drape over my shoulders. "You that needy for physical attention?" I roll my eyes looking at a map.

"Hmm, you have a rude side."

I scoff, "I have a truth side Natha-" my back is against a wall.

He needs a haircut. His curls fall over his eyes as he looks down at me.

"I feel like you should tell me why you are fine with nearly anyone except me saying your name."

"Because the first time it fell from your lips you feared me."

I give him a strange look.

"You were walking... Down 95th. I had just finished an outing with Kenzo. You walked past us. He did a double look like he knew you. Then another man walked in the same direction. The same time I said I was going to follow, he said I should make sure nothing would happen. So I followed. You turned a corner I knew it looped. So I made an early turn. I stayed in the shadows. He grabbed you and you tried fighting him. But he got you in a hold, so I stepped in. You watched without a word. I hate a man who'd put their hands on someone like that. I had a pin on with my name, I assumed you got a look at it. My name has never been said in such a way, reminds me of my father. The way he treated people. I never thought doing something good could make me feel like the bad guy. I got a good look at you and forgot till I met you again. You were still scared, but you stopped me from leaving and said, Nathaniel-"

"Never stop being good because of a bad person. You fought with anger different than one just for a man that put his hands on a woman. I forced myself to forget that ever happened. I was mentally starting my business and couldn't have distractions." Gwen's ex wouldn't let up being rejected so easily.