Road Bump

Road Bump

"Sa-" Oscar cuts himself off as he walks in seeing who's sitting across from me.

"Ula! Great to see you!" This boy is scared out of his mind. "Um... Sofie, there's an-"

"Oscar, can this wait?" I snap at him.

This is my one and only chance to get Saga back.

It's been two months. I'm the one who makes people wait. PEOPLE DON'T MAKE ME WAIT!

"Camera 5521o." He says and runs out of my office.

Front door camera?

I type it in my system. Media. Cedric.

I ignore it.

"Ula please ignore that. Where were we?" I turn to the intimidating Greek woman.

"Miss Baylor. We have better offers than you-"

"Like who?"

She names all the Steels counterparts.

I smirk, "you know they are broke and are taking money from me to keep themselves up."

I'm asked for proof. I pull up my transactions.

"Roject has taken the same amount I'd offer." Steels number 1. "He borrowed 750 thousand from me yesterday adding on to the 3.5 million he owes me."

Ula is in awe.

"So basically, I'm still the one paying you even if you aren't partnered with me. Yet, I can assure you that my company will never fall into debt. Your new partners, they won't last another seven years. They'll drag you with them. Think about how easy it was for you to partner with them."

"And if I accept you once more, what will you offer?"

I get out my chart. I've prepared for this.

"You want to work with schools and the less fortunate. I have good connections with a school in this area. And I am one of WE's biggest influencers. WE has millions of supporters worldwide. That charity only rises. I can assure you that they will be interested in your work. They've even reposted some of it on Twitter. I can personally upgrade our contract. Yet I want ten percent for the additional 10k. And I'll personally work with the school to help your growth. What do you say, Ula, would you like a younger age target?"

Ula and I are practically equal on our intellect. She knows I'm right.

"You always make a deal I can't say no to. I'll take this as an RSVP to your Gala next month."

"It's always nice to do business with you, Ula." I shake her hand.

"Same to you, Miss Baylor."

I grin, "let me walk you out."

We make casual conversation, and when we reach my lobby... that little switch within me turns on.

50% of my staff are here. And Oscar is yelling.

There are reporters all over the place, and Cedric Steels is sitting where, Nova, my receptionist, should be.

I can't take it.

"HEY!"

Everyone falls silent and looks at me.

"WISTON!" I snap.

"Yes, Miss Baylor." he avoids my contact.

"Are you on the clock?" I ask him.

"No, Miss Baylor."