Oscar's True Thoughts

"Bay, I'm not asking again-"

"I don't care, leave me alone!" I roll onto my stomach and pull my sheets over my head.

Humans should be able to hibernate.

This fool lays on top of me.

"In my mind, you are a weighted blanket." I sigh.

"Come on, you have a meeting today-"

"Patrick's meeting is at four. Let me sleep."

"You went to sleep early last night."

"So?"

Cedric groans and he should know I'm a very difficult person in the morning.

"I want to make you breakfast."

"Go ahead."

"I want you to watch me make you breakfast."

I reach out to my bedside table and turn in my tv which is now playing my kitchen surveillance.

Cedric gets off of me and pulls my sheets wrapping them around himself.

I sit up and glare at him.

"Nice to see you awake."

I don't speak.

"Silent treatment? Really?"

I stare at him expressionlessly.

"Smile or I'll make you smile."

I give him a confused look, but now I'm being tortured.

I laugh hysterically as he uses my weaknesses against me.

"You are so complicated. So stubborn. Yet you are ticklish." He shakes his head disappointed.

"St-stop!" My cheeks are starting to hurt.

"Say you'll get up for breakfast."

"I'll get up, I promise!"

He stops.

I catch my breath. "You are awful."

"I like the term negotiable more."

I roll my eyes and get up.

I comb out my hair and brush my teeth. When I exit my room Cinderella is playing on my tv. Cedric is in the kitchen.

I take a seat at the bar. "Whatcha making?"

"French toast sticks. An omelette. Some cubed cheese and fruit." He says finishing up the toast and omelette.

"I see everything except the fruit."

He ignores me before turning around with a tray.

"Breakfast is served."

Everything is in an arch shape. It's colourful. The fruits consist of, pineapple. Grapes. Apples. Cherries. cantaloupe. Honeydew. Nectarines. Oranges, bananas and chocolate-covered strawberries.

When I finish drooling over how amazing this thing looks I look up to see Cedric not even in front of me anymore.

He's on the couch on his phone.

"Cedric?"

"Hmm?"

"Have you eaten yet?"

"I'm not hungry right n-" Before he finishes his sentence I place myself in his lap with the tray of food.

"You did not make such a fuss about me staying in bed because you wanted me to watch you make me breakfast only for me to watch a glimpse of you finishing only to sit all the way over here on your phone. I can't eat this much food." I hold up a fork of French toast to his lips.