Loving the Way I Needed

Weeks later.

I'm trying to live my life, but some clips of me being mistreated have been leaked. And everyone is pitying me.

The only normal thing is business.

I just came back from lunch. Oscar is in my office, and he just gives me a look.

"What are you going to accuse of me this time?" I sigh, sitting at my computer.

"So you have nothing to tell me?" Oscar says.

I shake my head, urging him to stop beating around the bush.

"You've been spending a lot of time with Nathaniel. All week you've gone out for lunch. He picks you up from work, and you don't get back here till really late."

I smile, "Oscar, you keeping tabs on me now?"

"Now? When have I haven't?"

"Oscar, don't you have something to do other than worry about my activities elsewhere?"

"Is this you admitting you like or you are dating-"

"No. Oscar. This is literally me hanging out with a friend. People used to say the same thing about us. Jealous, I don't spend as much time with you anymore?" I smirk.

"Uh, yes. I've been trying to make plans with you for two weeks, and yet you are with a Steels boy or an officer."

"Oscar, I'll free my schedule today if you want me to hang out with you."

"On your schedule you literally have Niel picks me up cannot miss it."

I immediately open my binder. "That's today? Oscar, I promise-"

"Tomorrow is your day off, and his name is on the entire page." He mutters.

"Oscar, I swear it's not what it seems. We just have a lot of things in common, and with the whole Ryder thing and his personal stuff, I'm really the only one who understands. I promise next week. Is all-"

"Court."

"You know what. Why do you know my schedule more than I do?"

"How bout because regularly you make me bring you lunch while you organize your week."

He's right.

"Okay, the first hearing is in the morning on Tuesday. It's not big it's literally just seeing if he and Kenzo are being tried together."

His phone pings.

"Oscar, go out with her."

"She scares me!"

"Good, that means you like her."

"Sofie, she just reminds me-"

"They are not the same person. So get that out of your head. Now. She shot her shot. You have her number. And she wants to take you out. You don't have to do a thing other than being attentive and show up."

"Fine. I'll go."

"And where are you going?"

"Dave and Busters."

"When the girl beats your ass in all the arcade games. If she chose that place, she must be good. I don't want you in here moping. Be a normal man. I'm going to stop spoiling you. Your taste is too rich."

"But I love when you spoil me." He says sarcastically.

"You are a big boy. Ready to leave momma's bank account. I'm giving you the rest of the day off. Go pick your outfit because I know you cannot dress casually."