Phase 2

Phase 2

"WHAT!"

There is one floor in my entire building that every single one of my workers can fit in. The fifth floor. I like to call it the auditorium room. There are a bunch of chairs that raise with each row. This floor is practically two floors high.

I turn on the mic beside me. I'm currently sitting on a mini sofa in the corner of the room. "You heard him. He's leaving."

"YOU ALLOWED IT!" The staff yell at me.

Oscar, who stands on the podium tries to control everyone. "Okay you guys settle down. Sofie and I talked a lot about this decision. I am going down a new path in my life that doesn't allow me to stay here. If there was any other way I would jump at the chance but now my life is taking me back home, to my lovely fiancée."

People awe, but one particular person speaks up. "So you are leaving because your are getting married and your girl doesn't want to come over here?"

I lift the mic again. "Cristiano, get over your man crush on Oscar."

"I do not-"

"You wanna go there kid?" I chortle.

"I am like two weeks younger than you!"

"And I caught you in my security room rewatching Oscar sweaty and disgusting taking his shirt off."

"That is a lie!"

"I have the blackmail on my phone sir, don't try that." I smile.

"Sofie just because someone would rather look at me than you there is no need to be jealous." Oscar sides with this man with a evil smirk on his face.

Cristiano continues. "And why are you okay with this as if you don't get pissed every time he has a new girl-"

"Weird that this girl also happens to be his very first girl. His very first best friend. I trust her with my son-"

"Stop telling people I'm your son!" Oscar glares at me.

"Okay my ex-son because I cut him off." I wink at him and he flips me off.

"This girl is good for him. She is values the things he does. I'm very happy for them-"

"Then why aren't you directly-

I cut off whoever is speaking to declare, "I am expanding my services. I have an overflowing list of clients. I would hate to turn them all away. Many of them are going through Erivo and are sent to Bayrivo. The others... many of them are in Italy. I would like to say that Baylor Co has opened a new location there. And you are facing the CEO of Baylor Co Italy."

"What?" Oscar whispers as everyone cheers.

I stand and walk towards him.

We step away from the microphones.

"I couldn't get rid of you. I'm kinda rebranding right now. But I can't do this without you-"

I let out a small squeal when Oscar takes me off of my feet with a hug.

"You didn't have to do that for me." He says when he puts me down.

"I wanted to."

...

That evening I saw the Mecrucio family off. His parents have been mine for a really long time. But life does pull us in different directions. I'm ready for it. 

...

When I get home I laugh at the scene before me.

"So we've been here for like 30 minutes. I still don't know how you got in my office or who you are or what you want with me. But can the sack be taken off my head. I think that's a bit much. I don't find this funny at all."