Chapter 1

"Have you had enough trouble?!" There was a sound of an impatient male voice.

"You said you didn't like him." Another young voice immediately cried out in reply.

"When did I ever say I liked him?"

"Then what are you doing here? Aren't you looking for him?"

The first voice grew more and more impatient, "How many times have I said, I don't like him! I approached him at first because I lost a bet to your second brother, and I came here tonight just to meet a friend. I didn't know Shen Xi was here."

The familiar conversation echoed in his ears once again. Shen Xi listened in a daze, habitually trying to wave his hand to dispel it, but his arms were weak and his body was filled with a sense of emptiness after getting high.

Shen Xi tried to open his eyes but they seemed to be covered with something, and he could not open them. Shen Xi struggled to get up but his body was not controlled by his brain and did not respond in any way. After struggling for a long time, a thought flashed through Shen Xi's mind, "Where am I?"

"Where am I?" This question was like a bolt of lightning splitting the murkiness in Shen Xi's mind, and Shen Xi came to his senses almost instantly.

His eyes snapped open and he was confronted with a magnificent, cumbersome crystal lamp above his head, the blinding light shining straight into his eyes. Shen Xi instinctively tried to raise his hand to shield himself from the light, but his body's weakness prevented him from doing so. Shen Xi closed his eyes again, and everything returned to the previous darkness.

This time, his senses were extraordinarily clear, and the feeling of emptiness and powerlessness was like a tidal wave surging through his entire body. Shen Xi tentatively tried to move but stopped when he heard a sweet moan, accompanied by the man's ragged breath.

The corners of Shen Xi's mouth slowly curled up in a mocking smile. Sure enough, it was this dream again, this dream that had haunted him for ten years. With a flash of self-deprecation, Shen Xi gave up struggling and gradually adjusted to the blinding light. Anyway, it was a dream, it didn't make any difference whether he could move or not.

"Ah, yes!"

Shen Xi stared at the crystal lamp above his head in boredom. Every time his dream started with him opening his eyes. Naturally, the first thing he saw each time was the lamp, magnificent to the extreme. And then what? Shen Xi tilted his head. What's next?

"Ah! Brother Wenyao, use a little more force." A greasy voice begged.

A sneer appeared on Shen Xi's face. It was so boring. For ten years he kept repeating this dream; everything in the dream was deeply imprinted in his mind and he knew the follow-up like the back of his hand. Next, it was time for Tian Wenyao to speak.

Sure enough, the first male voice said, "Xiao Rong, you are so violent every time you are in bed."

"Brother Wenyao, ah!" The long, drawn-out moans were interspersed with the man's heavy breathing, and after a few violent thumps, the room began to quiet down.

The sneer on Shen Xi's face faded away, a gloomy look faintly appearing in its stead. This next conversation, which he could practically recite backward, was the dialogue that completely enraged the young Shen Xi and changed his fate.

"Brother Wenyao, did Second Brother say when Big Brother would be willing to see me?"

"What do you want to see Shen Ji for?" The man said carelessly

"As long as Big Brother accepts me, Father will accept me into the Shen family."

"Even if he does accept you, it's too late. Old man Shen had already made a will before he died. The family assets are divided into three, one for each of his three grandchildren. You will have nothing even if you are accepted."