Chapter 78

Li Mingxuan's gaze fell on Shen Xi's face; many emotions flashed in his eyes, before finally turning into pity.

"Xiao Xi!"

Shen Xi took a step forward in silence, casually closing the door behind him, his gaze meeting Li Mingxuan's calmly.

"When did you come here, Cousin?"

Li Mingxuan did not answer but raised his hand and gently touched the bleeding mark on Shen Xi's face, saying softly, "Does it hurt?"

The fingers touching his face moved gently, slowly brushing over the bleeding mark, and Shen Xi's heart felt strange for no reason, trembling uncontrollably.

"It doesn't hurt." Shen Xi tilted his head, but unexpectedly Li Mingxuan suddenly leaned over and the warm tip of his tongue brushed over the mark. Shen Xi froze in surprise.

Looking at Shen Xi's stunned expression, Li Mingxuan felt his heart ache as he reached out and gently wrapped his arms around Shen Xi.

"I heard it all."

The words were what Shen Xi expected, but Li Mingxuan's reaction was beyond Shen Xi's expectation. Shen Xi gave a low "en" and did not say anything more.

Looking at Shen Xi, who held his head down, silent in his arms, Li Mingxuan slowly said, "Ah Ji received a call from the bodyguard, saying that you have come to the hospital alone. I happened to be with him at the time. He couldn't leave because of Ah Cheng, so he asked me to come over to take a look. I came just in time to hear the words you asked Uncle. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, but it wasn't appropriate for me to go in under those circumstances. I couldn't bear to leave either. I can't help but want to know everything about you.

"Xiao Xi, I love you. It's not the love for the imagined you, but the real you. I don't want to see you acting as if nothing is wrong in front of me. You can be angry, you can be resentful, you can be upset about what happened before, you can question what happened in the previous generation. I won't suppress your emotions, I just want you to be who you really are.

"Let me stay with you, whatever there is, let me be with you."

Li Mingxuan said it in a low voice; from the moment Shen Xi asked if he was a child of the Shen family, the conversation in the room slid in the direction he hadn't expected. The cause of Han Rou's death, the downfall of the Han family, the source of his uncle's dislike for Shen Xi, or the deep resentment that Shen Xi felt towards his uncle and the Shen family...

Li Mingxuan could not say how he felt when he first heard it, but all sorts of complicated emotions flashed by and what finally remained was only his pain for Shen Xi. It was originally just the grievances and entanglements of the previous generation, but it was unfairly placed on Shen Xi's head.

As he listened to Shen Xi's resentment towards his father and the Shen family, Li Mingxuan could not even point out Shen Xi's fault. Shen Xi was innocent in this matter from beginning to end, and it was always them who did the wrong thing.

Li Mingxuan's heart clenched. He always knew that no matter how close he was to Shen Xi, there seemed to be something between him and Shen Xi. For more than half a year, he had been working hard to touch the real Shen Xi a little bit, but he faintly felt that there was something else that Shen Xi didn't want him to know.

It was only when he heard the conversation between Shen Xi and his father that Li Mingxuan realised that the Shen Xi in the ward was the real Shen Xi. His resentment towards Shen Dehan and his dissatisfaction with the Shen family was not as mild as he had shown. From the conversation between him and Shen Dehan, it could be heard that he seemed to be secretly investigating something, otherwise he would not have doubted his own origin.