Chapter 41

The news that Shen Ji had been relieved of his duties as general manager of Shen Group soon spread within the company together with the news that Shen Cheng would take over as general manager.

Although Shen Dehan had already communicated with him privately about this issue and although he knew that this was only a stop-gap measure, Shen Ji looked at the official transfer notice in front of him with an unexplainable feeling in his heart.

For Shen Ji, who had been trained as the heir to the Shen family since he was a child, the belief he had been instilled with was that Shen Group would be his in the future and that he would take over everything in it. In the nearly thirty years of his life, things went according to the plan he had been brought up with. With his father's help he began to take control of Shen Group, just waiting for Shen Dehan to retire to take his place.

Shen Ji was proud, he was young and promising, and everything seemed to be going smoothly until the Yunrou crisis broke out and the directors suddenly made trouble; until he and his father had a disagreement; until Shen Cheng took the position of general manager. Only then did Shen Ji understand that some things were not going as perfectly as he thought.

Shen Ji suppressed the feeling of loss in his heart and looked up at the man standing in front of him, "How is it going? Are you still adapting by Ah Cheng's side?"

Lu Gesen's expression was as serious as ever, "Cheng Shao is very smart."

Shen Ji smiled, "Ah Cheng has always been very playful. If there is anything you can do, you can give him a little more guidance."

Lu Gesen nodded, "That's what I should do."

Shen Ji stood up with a relaxed expression, "I've already packed up, when will Ah Cheng move over?"

A hint of hesitation flashed in Lu Gesen's eyes, "Cheng Shao said he wouldn't move here. It's just a show to the board anyway, and saves us the trouble later."

Shen Ji froze, and then smiled, "I see. I'll talk to him about this."

Lu Gesen nodded and without saying anything else turned and left the room.

Shen Ji thought about it for a while, put his personal belongings together, got up and went to Shen Cheng's office. Following Shen Ji's appearance, all the employees of the company had their eyes wandering as they secretly looked at the expression on Shen Ji's face. The ordinary employees did not know exactly what had happened. They had only heard that Dashao, who had been sitting steadily in the position of general manager, was suddenly kicked out by the chairman of the board, while Ershao, who had always been just hanging around, unexpectedly rose to the top. Although Shen Ji and Shen Cheng had been very close to each other in the past, this sudden scene involuntarily made people think of brothers fighting over the assets, and the situation looked like Shen Ji had been stabbed in the back by his brother he had always taken good care of.

Shen Ji ignored the inquiring eyes of the crowd and went straight to Shen Cheng's office, reaching out to knock on the door when he suddenly heard Shen Cheng's voice inside.

"You're really well-informed, I've just become the general manager and you've received the news already!"

The other party said something and Shen Cheng laughed, "Don't worry, I'll cover up for you if anything happens."

Inside the room Shen Cheng sounded like a big brother, causing Shen Ji outside the door to laugh uncontrollably. He was about to push the door in but heard Shen Cheng suddenly speak, "No, Big Brother doesn't like you, he definitely doesn't agree with you coming to the company, you'd better give up this idea as soon as possible."