Chapter 46

The conflict between Shen Ji and Shen Cheng soon became known to Shen Dehan.

When he heard that Shen Ji had left the company in a rage, a trace of disappointment surged in his heart.

Shen Dehan knew Shen Ji's feelings for Yunrou. As Lu Gesen said, Shen Ji had put too much of his heart and soul into Yunrou, and because of the special significance of Yunrou for him, Shen Ji's strong opposition to the sale of Yunrou was completely understandable. But understanding did not mean approval.

In Shen Dehan's mind, Yunrou had become a drag on Shen Ji, and its existence was a constant reminder to the board of directors of the mistakes Shen Ji had made. The only way to silence the unfavourable voices against Shen Ji from the board of directors was to get rid of Yunrou as soon as possible, but unfortunately Shen Ji, who had always been excellent, was stubborn in this matter.

In Shen Dehan's opinion, Shen Cheng did not do anything wrong. His starting point was good whether it was for the company or for Shen Ji, not to mention that the deal was not a loss. Compared to the purchase price back then, even if you didn't count the profits of Yunrou over the years, the price of this deal also left Shen Group with some profit. For this, even Gao Qiulin said a few words praising Shen Cheng.

Shen Dehan sighed. Ah Ji's growth was too smooth. In the past he had protected Ah Ji too well. He hoped that through these events he could make Ah Ji really grow up.

After Shen Ji left the company, for a while he didn't know where to go. The recent succession of events had turned his life into a mess. Glancing at the hurrying crowd on the street, Shen Ji smiled bitterly. This was the first time he had left the company to hang out alone at the time he was supposed to be at work.

Shen Ji felt that he had a lot of things on his mind and he had to find someone to talk to, but when he opened his phone book, no matter how much he deliberately ignored it, his eyes eventually fell on the words "Li Mingxuan".

Shen Ji hesitantly looked at the name and after thinking about it dialled the number.

"Mingxuan, are you at the office? I'm coming to you."

"Good!"

Li Mingxuan's simple "good" made the depression in Shen Ji's heart finally dissipate a bit, and half an hour later, he appeared in front of Li Mingxuan.

A friend for many years, Li Mingxuan could see at a glance that Shen Ji was not in a good mood at the moment. After instructing his assistant to make two cups of coffee, Li Mingxuan pushed away the documents in his hands and looked at Shen Ji, "What happened?"

Shen Ji took a sip of coffee and exhaled a long breath of depression, "I had a bit of an argument with Ah Cheng."

"About Shen Group?" Li Mingxuan asked tentatively.

Shen Ji gave an "en". "He submitted the deal I was holding down earlier to the board of directors and the board approved it."

Li Mingxuan reacted quickly, "Ah Cheng was hiding it from you?"

Shen Ji nodded, rather disheartened.

Li Mingxuan was puzzled, "You didn't tell Ah Cheng that you were in contact with Baoli Group?"

Shen Ji shook his head, "My father was determined to sell Yunrou and didn't listen to my ideas. I planned to talk to him after I had made a deal with Baoli. I didn't tell anyone in order to avoid getting into trouble, but I just didn't expect Ah Cheng to submit the deal directly to the board."

Li Mingxuan didn't expect this to be the case. Thinking about what Shen Cheng had done, Li Mingxuan couldn't help but say comfortingly, "Ah Cheng didn't know what was going on behind the scenes, he is now the general manager of Shen Group. The deal submitted to the board of directors through his hands was in full compliance with the procedures, so he can't be blamed."