Chapter 40

Li Mingxuan's rush back to Zhongjing from Haicheng overnight was inadvertently discovered by Li Xiyong early in the morning.

Li Xiyong did not mean to check Li Mingxuan's whereabouts; he just suddenly had something to contact him about but found that Li Mingxuan's mobile phone was switched off, so he had to call Li Mingxuan's assistant. The assistant answered the phone and said that Li Mingxuan had come back to Zhongjing last night because of an urgent matter, and there was a feeling in his words that he was covering up for Li Mingxuan.

What was the reason for Li Mingxuan's return to Zhongjing? The assistant faintly felt that he seemed to understand, but he didn't dare to think about it. Fortunately, Li Xiyong didn't ask anything, and the assistant breathed a sigh of relief, feeling somewhat guilty.

Li Xiyong hung up the phone calmly; there was no slightest trace of anything different from the outside, but in his heart he was very shocked.

Li Mingxuan had rushed back to Zhongjing overnight, for whom? Where did he go instead of home? These two questions kept haunting Li Xiyong's mind. He kept thinking about their father-son conversation before Li Mingxuan's business trip, and Shen Xi's name vaguely emerged in his memory.

As a father, he knew Mingxuan's character very well. Mingxuan was not an impulsive person, and if he really rushed back to Zhongjing overnight for Shen Xi, then he really had Shen Xi in his heart. All these years, Li Xiyong had watched Mingxuan being alone and hoped that he would meet someone he liked, but why would that person be Shen Xi?

Who was Shen Xi? Shen Xi was Mingxuan's cousin, the man who held one-third of the inheritance rights of the Shen family, and the outcast of the Shen family.

Not to mention the blood relations between the two, just Shen Xi's status was not suitable for the two to be together. Li Xiyong had been close to the Shen family for many years, certainly because he was a relative but also because Li Xiyong knew Shen Dehan and had never interfered in any of the Shen family's affairs. If Mingxuan and Shen Xi really got together, then what would be Mingxuan's position in the future when the Shen family's brothers started fighting each other? Even if Shen Xi was as incompetent as he appeared and had no interest in Shen Group, was Dehan going to suspect that Mingxuan approached Shen Xi on purpose? Would he think that Li Xiyong was behind all this and even instigated it?

Li Xiyong let out a silent sigh; he had seen Mingxuan's special attitude towards Shen Xi before. The reason why he only hinted and did not explicitly say anything was precisely because he believed in Mingxuan's judgement. Mingxuan himself would know what choice to make.

It was only when Li's Li Xiyong listened to the cover-up attempt in Mingxuan's assistant's words that he felt he could not believe his own judgement anymore. At this point, Li Xiyong could only hope that it was all a guess on his part and that Mingxuan knew what he was doing.

When Li Mingxuan arrived at the office, it was already past ten in the morning. To his surprise, his father already knew about his return and sent his secretary to his office early in the morning to say that he wanted to see him.

Li Mingxuan knew that his father must have guessed something, and he had planned to confess to him directly, so he appeared in front of Li Xiyong with a calm demeanour.

"Dad!"

Li Mingxuan's expression was very frank, with a subdued look on his face, his eyes looking at Li Xiyong openly.

Li Xiyong's heart sank. He had known his son for many years, he only needed a glance to understand what Li Mingxuan wanted to say at this moment. Although Li Mingxuan acted very calmly, the joy that was faintly emanating from his body was very obvious.