Chapter 20

Shen Xi felt as if he had gone back to his childhood.

At that time, before his mother jumped out of the window, Grandpa and Uncle were still by his side, and little Shen Xi loved to lie in Grandpa's arms. Grandpa would gently pat him while telling him a story.

Shen Xi didn't remember what the story was about. The only thing he remembered was the warm and reassuring feeling of lying in his grandfather's arms.

This feeling was once again present now.

Shen Xi hugged his grandfather tightly, trying to shrink his whole body into his grandfather's arms. Sensing that Grandpa was trying to push him away, Shen Xi became anxious and wrapped both his arms and his legs around Grandpa, begging pitifully, "Grandpa, don't leave Xiao Xi!"

Grandpa seemed to be moved by Shen Xi's tone and stopped pushing him away. Satisfied, Shen Xi held harder.

Grandpa's embrace was as warm as he remembered, and seemed to have an extra good smell.

Shen Xi worked hard to squeeze into the arms of his grandfather, sniffing the smell greedily, his heart full of happiness.

"Grandpa, don't leave Xiao Xi, don't leave Xiao Xi behind like Mommy did."

Shen Xi repeated these words over and over again, feeling that Grandpa seemed to be hugging him back, and laughed happily.

For a whole night, Shen Xi was immersed in this feeling of happiness. Without the troubles of the previous life, Shen Xi had a rare good night's sleep.

The rain that had been falling all day and night finally stopped in the morning. The dark clouds had not yet dispersed but the sun was already eager to appear in the east.

Li Mingxuan woke up in the pale sunlight. The moment he opened his eyes, he was still in a bit of a daze. What appeared before him was not his familiar surroundings. Where was this? The thought was fleeting, and then a huge source of heat in his arms caught his attention.

Lowering his head, Li Mingxuan saw Shen Xi's sleeping face with a smile on it. Li Mingxuan didn't know what Shen Xi was dreaming about, but the corners of his mouth were raised high and he looked happy.

Li Mingxuan smiled unconsciously, then thought of something, pulled out his hand pressed under Shen Xi's body and put it on his forehead. It was still a little hot but already much better than yesterday. Li Mingxuan let out a sigh of relief. Last night, he had used up all the ice packs left by the doctor and even planned to take Shen Xi to the hospital in the middle of the night at one point. Only when Shen Xi had a tendency to cool down did Li Mingxuan put his mind at ease.

Carefully moving Shen Xi, who was still asleep, aside, Li Mingxuan sat up rubbing his numb arms. When he glanced at the time, it was already ten in the morning. Fortunately, he called his father last night to explain the situation and was able to take an extra day off today.

After washing up quickly, Li Mingxuan called room service and asked them to send breakfast and cook a bowl of porridge separately. The phone was just hung up when the doorbell rang.

"Hello, room service!"

Li Mingxuan was taken aback; it was so fast. When he opened the door, he found that the room staff at the door was pushing a trolley for cleaning and there was no breakfast that he wanted. Li Mingxuan realised that this service was not his service.

Perhaps knowing that there was a sick man in the room, the room staff moved very lightly. One of the young girls with a round face asked with concern, "How is Mr. Shen's condition?"

Li Mingxuan nodded politely, "He's cooled down."

"That's good, the hotel has arranged for a doctor to come for a review around eleven o'clock, do you think that's okay?" The young girl confirmed with Li Mingxuan, and he nodded slightly.