Chapter 23

Shen Dehan stayed in the hospital for a month and finally decided to be discharged.

The reporters who had been guarding outside the hospital were very excited about this news. Since Shen Dehan was hospitalised, the reporters could not get any specific information about his condition due to the tight security at the hospital, so they could only speculate on their own in private. Although both the hospital and the Shen family were unanimous in declaring that Shen Dehan's health was fine, the reporters were not convinced because of Shen Dehan's delay in being discharged. This time, Shen Dehan's discharge from hospital was seen by the reporters as a show proving his health. Whether or not he was really as healthy as the hospital claimed, could only be guessed by seeing how Shen Dehan would behave after he returned home.

Early in the morning, the three Shen brothers appeared in front of Shen Dehan.

Whoever had compromised first between Shen Dehan and Shen Ji, their father-son relationship still seemed as close as ever, with no sign of a previous falling out.

Shen Xi coldly laughed silently.

Shen Dehan's things were packed up long ago. Unlike his low-key admission, Shen Dehan's discharge from the hospital was very high-profile. Not only did he not prevent the reporters from taking pictures, he even stopped before getting into his car to give them some time to interview him.

Shen Dehan stood there glowing, testifying that he was in good health. Shen Ji and Shen Cheng stood on Shen Dehan's sides, one left and one right, with Shen Xi taking a slight step back from them with a smile. No matter how you looked at it, the scene was a beautiful picture of a loving father and filial sons.

The flashs kept lighting up and countless microphones reached to Shen Dehan's mouth.

Shen Dehan carefully selected a few reporters he knew well. They asked the right questions, and Shen Dehan answered without missing a beat, making for a harmonious scene.

At this moment, a fresh-faced reporter tried to squeeze closer to Shen Dehan, holding the microphone high above the crowd, "Mr. Shen, we all know that Sanshao has been abroad for the past few years. This time he came back specially because of your health. Now that your health is fine, what is the next arrangement for Sanshao, will he stay in the country or continue to go abroad?"

When this question was asked, there was a moment of silence, and then the reporters followed in a flurry of questions.

"Mr. Shen, please answer, is Sanshao going to stay with you or is he going to continue to live abroad?"

This question obviously took Shen Dehan very much by surprise, and a hint of dismay flashed in his eyes quickly. Shen Xi coldly watched Shen Dehan's reaction. As soon as his father was about to speak, he stepped forward a moment earlier, "I will stay in the country."

Shen Xi's answer instantly attracted the attention of the reporters present, and the microphones were turned to him.

"Sanshao, is it your own decision to stay in the country or the decision of the Shen family?"

"Is there any difference?" In front of everyone, Shen Xi smiled and looked at Shen Dehan, "As the saying goes, if your parents are here, you must not travel far (Confucius), but I've never been by my father's side before because of my studies, and I've always felt guilty. Since I'm back this time, I hope to spend more time with my father. I think Father must not want to let me go either."

Shen Xi's smile was very sincere, and the reporters turned to Shen Dehan, following Shen Xi's gaze. Under such circumstances, Shen Dehan could not say anything to refute it and could only acquiesce to Shen Xi's words.