Chapter 26

Shen Xi was really happy to meet Fang Luowei and that night he chased Lao K to investigate Fang Luowei's debt to the loan sharks.

Lao K had become accustomed to being squeezed by Shen Xi and resigned himself to taking the few pieces of information that Shen Xi had provided and searching through the vast sea of people in Zhongjing.

Over the course of a few days, the information about Fang Luowei arrived in Shen Xi's hands intermittently. Fang Luowei had not come to Zhongjing alone, as Shen Xi had thought, but with his grandparents. His grandmother had Alzheimer's disease and was receiving treatment in the hospital at this time. What Shen Xi didn't expect was that Fang Luowei was signed as a singer to a lesser-known record label in Zhongjing, and strangely enough, he was blocked by the company before he even made his debut.

This information was unknown to Shen Xi in his previous life. When he met Fang Luowei, Fang Luowei was already in prison. They became acquainted half a year later. At that time, although Fang Luowei had mentioned his past to Shen Xi, he only said that his relatives were all dead and he was alone, his only hobby was singing and he dreamed of standing on the stage of the largest Star Pavilion in Zhongjing one day.

Holding the information in his hand, Shen Xi fell into deep thought. According to Lao K's investigation, although Fang Luowei's grandmother was confused, she was not in poor health, not to mention that his grandfather was in quite good health. So what had happened to make Fang Luowei lose his only two relatives in just half a year's time?

As for Fang Luowei's grandmother's illness, Shen Xi felt that this seemed to be the reason why Fang Luowei was willing to borrow from loan sharks, but unfortunately, with a population of tens of millions of people in Zhongjing, there were too many such thugs, and for now Lao K couldn't find out who the loan shark who lent Fang Luowei money was.

Shen Xi had a vague feeling that what he did not know was the key to Fang Luowei's imprisonment, and that if he wanted to change Fang Luowei's fate, he could only start from here.

In the past few days, while asking Lao K to inquire about Fang Luowei's past, Shen Xi also took the time to make contact with him, but unfortunately, time was too short and Fang Luowei was too busy, so Shen Xi only had the cheek to meet Fang Luowei once.

On the one hand, Shen Xi was trying his best to get close to Fang Luowei, and on the other hand, Fang Luowei had a vague sense of Shen Xi's unusual enthusiasm. Although he had doubts in his mind, he did not feel the slightest bit of malice in Shen Xi, but Shen Xi's attitude made him more and more puzzled.

Because of his grandmother's hospitalisation, Fang Luowei had been busy working odd jobs to earn money, and hadn't bothered to pay attention to the recent newspaper articles about the Shen family. It was only when he met Shen Xi by chance that day that Fang Luowei realised that this Shen Xi was the same Shen Xi as mentioned in the newspapers. For this reason, he specially found a few recent newspapers to read.

The newspaper information about Shen Xi was very detailed, the third son of the Shen family in Zhongjing, one of the rightful heirs of the Shen family. Apart from Shen Xi's life, the reports also deliberately brought up all of Shen Xi's past misdeeds. Although the reporters had not caught Shen Xi doing anything bad since his return from abroad, there was unanimous speculation that Shen Xi had purposely restrained himself because of his father's serious illness, and there were even guesses as to how soon Shen Sanshao would go back to his old ways.

Fang Luowei didn't fully believe the newspaper reports. Although he hadn't known Shen Xi for long and was suspicious of his unexplained enthusiasm, he felt that Shen Xi was not the kind of fop who caused trouble, as the reports suggested. Even if Shen Xi was as reported, it was still his father's fault. Shen Xi had not been an adult yet five years ago, so why did he drink and race cars so often without his father disciplining him? Thinking about the complicated situation of the Shen family as described in the newspapers, the half-brothers, the illegitimate son seizing power or something, Fang Luowei had a little more sympathy for Shen Xi.