Chapter 86

Perhaps the stimulation was too great this time. Shen Dehan was in a coma and the doctor clearly diagnosed: Shen Dehan's originally improved health deteriorated sharply. Even if he woke up, he could only spend the rest of his life in a hospital bed.

When Shen Bixue arrived at the hospital in a hurry, she saw the lone figure of Shen Ji.

"Ah Ji, you're alone? Where are Xiao Xi and Ah Cheng?"

"I left Ah Cheng at home, he had a drug addiction episode. I haven't seen Shen Xi yet." Faced with Shen Bixue's question, Shen Ji replied in a low voice. He had received a call from his bodyguard as soon as Shen Dehan fainted and knew about the press conference. Like Li Mingxuan, he quickly realized that Shen Dehan was being set up, but who was behind it? Who was scheming against Shen Dehan so carefully? The fact that Chu Qianqian had been by Shen Dehan's side for more than half a year, didn't it mean that this was a long-planned scheme?

Shen Bixue did not know what was in Shen Ji's mind, and seeing his distorted face, she thought he was worried about his father and said soothingly, "Don't think too much, Big Brother will be fine."

"I know, Aunt!" Shen Ji nodded.

Shen Bixue sighed. She didn't expect this to happen. If she had known earlier, she would have been a bit more forceful trying to stop Shen Dehan, wouldn't everything have been avoided then? As Shen Bixue sighed, she thought of Li Mingxuan, "Has Mingxuan not been here either?"

She called Li Mingxuan as soon as she received the news that Shen Dehan had fainted and asked him to come to the hospital as soon as possible. But it had been so long that she had time to rush over from home, why hadn't Mingxuan arrived yet? After a concerned glance at Shen Dehan, who was still being resuscitated, Shen Bixue walked to the side of the corridor and pressed Li Mingxuan's number.

The phone kept ringing for a long time before it was picked up, and Shen Bixue said anxiously, "Mingxuan, where are you now and why haven't you arrived at the hospital yet? Do you know where Xiao Xi is? Something so big has happened..."

"Xiao Xi is sick." Li Mingxuan interrupted his mother straight away. He knew what his mother meant, hoping that Shen Xi would show up at the hospital at a time like this to prevent reporters from writing some nonsense. He laughed bitterly at his mother's thoughts in his heart, but he couldn't help covering up for Shen Xi.

"Xiao Xi is sick?" Shen Bixue said in surprise.

"En!" Li Mingxuan confirmed, explaining in passing, "Mom, don't worry, I'm at home with Xiao Xi now, I'll go to the hospital sometime this afternoon."

A beeping sound soon came out of the receiver. Li Mingxuan hung up the phone after explaining without waiting for Shen Bixue's answer. Shen Bixue's face revealed a trace of worry. They say no one knows the son like his mother; she obviously felt that Mingxuan's emotions seemed to be wrong.

What his mother would think was not on Li Mingxuan's mind at the moment. As he stood quietly at the door of Shen Xi's apartment, Li Mingxuan's face was distorted in pain. He knew that Shen Xi was inside, a wall away from him, but he didn't have the courage to push the door open. Chu Qianqian's incident was just the beginning. After Shen Xi's frank admission, the suspicion that Li Mingxuan had suppressed a few days ago because of Lu Gesen immediately took root in his heart, swelling and growing. He could no longer pretend that he could not see it and deceive himself. He desperately needed to see Shen Xi, he needed an answer from him.

With such thoughts in his mind, he sped all the way back home. But when he actually stood at the door, he suddenly lost the courage to go in. If what happened to the Shen family for the past six months was all Shen Xi's scheme, what should he do? If even being with him was part of Shen Xi's calculations, what should he do?