Chapter 65

The news of Shen Cheng's investment failure was soon known to the company's senior management, leading to a flurry of secret discussions. Once the collapse of Anchor was confirmed, not only would all of Shen Group investment be lost, but there would be a series of unpredictable financial risks that would follow. The board of directors received the news and called to ask about the situation. At this time, they obviously felt that Shen Ji was more reliable than Shen Cheng, and the calls all went to Shen Ji.

Shen Ji had to pay attention to the exact news of Anchor while also dealing with the board members, and he felt overwhelmed. Even though Shen Cheng was in charge of investment, no matter what he was asked, he could not say anything, so he could only bring Lu Gesen in again and again. Shen Ji was irritated and could not help but reprimand Shen Cheng a few times.

Shen Cheng was originally remorseful for his investment mistakes, and felt touched to see Shen Ji cleaning up his mess. But when the board of directors treated him as nothing and called Shen Ji directly, a vague dissatisfaction grew in Shen Cheng's heart. Various emotions of regret, distress and dissatisfaction were mixed together, and when Shen Ji reprimanded him mercilessly in front of his assistant, it turned into a complex feeling that was indescribable. Shen Cheng almost shouted, "Yes, I lost money for Shen Group, but didn't you ever lose money, Big Brother? If you all think that I don't know anything, why do you still want me to be the general manager of Shen Group? Is it just to treat me as a puppet?"

Shen Cheng's words caused Shen Ji to freeze. He had originally regretted saying these things to Shen Cheng. He wasn't trying to blame Shen Cheng for his investment failure. Even his father couldn't guarantee that his every decision would make money. He was just dissatisfied with the fact that Shen Cheng did not know anything about the investment plan and needed Lu Gesen's advice on everything. Subconsciously he had to open his mouth to scold him, but he did not expect Shen Cheng to say something like that.

Shen Ji's face darkened instinctively, "Ah Cheng."

After Shen Cheng finished speaking, he himself was stunned, and the anger he felt before immediately dissipated without a trace. But when he looked at Shen Ji's sunken face, which was exactly the same as the expression he used to have in the past when he was upset with him, Shen Cheng's dissipated courage gathered again. Every time it was the same, Big Brother always used this expression to reprimand him. Without thinking, Shen Cheng continued, "Am I not right? Whether it's Big Brother or Father, don't you treat me like a puppet? I'm the general manager of Shen Group but I cannot make decisions on anything. In my father's mind, I am just a temporary replacement. When Yunrou had an incident, Father put me in the position of general manager regardless of whether I could do it or not. Now that Yunrou's matter is over, Father doesn't ask me what I think at all and directly asks me to vacate the position for you, Big Brother. Everything Father does revolves around you, Big Brother, since I was a child. What am I in Father's eyes?"

Shen Cheng became more and more agitated as he talked, ignoring Shen Ji's distorted face, "Big Brother, you are the eldest son, you are going to inherit the Shen family business. From a young age Grandfather and Father favoured you, and all of this goes without saying. You are good at everything, you are excellent, you are likeable, and I can't do anything. Since you know I can't, why do you want me to do it, just so that my incompetence can set you off, Big Brother?"

Shen Cheng didn't know when he had started having these thoughts. He had been used to standing next to Shen Ji to set off his excellence since he was a child, and anyway, there was Shen Xi in the Shen family who was even worse than him. He knew what he was capable of and had no thoughts about Shen Group. He also knew that based on his elder brother's love for him, he would never be treated badly. He was actually leading a good life. But when one day his elder brother, who had always been excellent, suddenly made a mistake, he was pushed into the position of general manager by his father and was caught off guard. He didn't think he could do it, but his father gently stated that he was just a name and that he still had his elder brother to rely on to make decisions about everything.