Chapter 83

When Li Mingxuan arrived home this evening, he did not go home immediately, but stood downstairs and stared for a long time at the light spilling out of that familiar window.

It was early in the winter and every apartment in the building was lit up. Among the countless similar windows, Li Mingxuan recognized the familiar one at once. From the day Shen Xi agreed to be with him, this place had been another home for him. Whether he was getting off work or returning from a business trip, he always rushed back as soon as possible because he knew Shen Xi would always be waiting for him at home. Today was the first time he felt afraid at the doorstep of his home. He was afraid that once he pushed the door open, the warm memories of the past would be nothing more than an illusion in the mirror.

He spent the entire afternoon doing nothing but recalling everything that had happened since he and Shen Xi met on the plane. Whenever he thought about it in the past, his heart was always filled with sweetness, but this time there was a touch of bitterness lingering in his memory. He involuntarily linked everything that happened to Shen Group, from Shen Xi's sudden return to China to his resentment towards Shen Dehan, from Shen Xi's secret investigation of his past to his close relationship with Lu Gesen, from Shen Group involvement in repeated incidents to Lu Gesen's role in them every time... Li Mingxuan closed his eyes in pain, not wanting to think and not daring to think any further.

He did not want to suspect Shen Xi, but his thoughts were out of control. He wanted to put it all out of his mind, but there was always a voice that reminded him that all he was doing was just deceiving himself. Li Mingxuan didn't know what expression he should use to face Shen Xi. What scared him was not Shen Xi's revenge against the Shen family, but what kind of feelings Shen Xi had for him if all that was true. In this relationship where he was full of joy, gratitude and dedication, was Shen Xi just putting on a mask to play a role in front of him?

As time passed, the biting chill finally brought him back to his senses, and he tried hard to suppress the emotions that were rising in his heart. Finally, Li Mingxuan walked into the elevator pretending that nothing had happened.

The moment he opened the door, he subconsciously looked at the sofa. Every time he came back in the past, Shen Xi would be nestled on the sofa watching TV with the remote control in his hand, but today there was no Shen Xi there. There was a sound coming from the kitchen and Li Mingxuan gently walked over. Under the glowing white light, there was Shen Xi cooking something seriously.

Li Mingxuan stood there quietly, watching Shen Xi's back, unblinking. Aware of the scorching gaze behind him, Shen Xi turned his head and smiled slightly, "Hungry? It will be ready soon."

Shen Xi's smile was the same as always, and Li Mingxuan couldn't help but step forward, hug him and kiss him fiercely. The kiss was very sudden. Shen Xi remembered the meal he was about to cook and subconsciously tried to push Li Mingxuan away but couldn't refuse and was held in his arms.

"Cousin, huh?"

Shen Xi's unfinished words were blocked. Li Mingxuan's kiss was swift and intense, as if to prove something. Shen Xi was not resisting and raised his head to bear the kiss obediently.

It was not until Shen Xi was breathless from the kiss that Li Mingxuan stopped, holding him tightly in his arms, as if desperate to rub him into himself.

That was it, Li Mingxuan thought, maybe Shen Xi and Lu Gesen were just old acquaintances from abroad and everything was just his cranky thoughts. He didn't have the courage to question Shen Xi about it, he was afraid the answer would far exceed his expectations. Just let him close his eyes and pretend that he didn't know anything. He loved Shen Xi and he wanted to be with Shen Xi.

Li Mingxuan's unusual behaviour made Shen Xi realise what was going on. He did not say anything and silently reached out and hugged Li Mingxuan. Both of them seemed to forget about the meal being cooked until a faint smell of burning came out.