Chapter 4

Shen Ji handled the matter of Shen Xi going abroad very quickly. In just three days, Shen Ji completed the relevant formalities and put a bunch of documents in front of Shen Xi.

"This is the admission notice from St. Rudolf Language School. You will first study the language there for a year, and after a year I will arrange for you to go to university."

As Shen Ji was standing at the door of Shen Xi's room with a business-like look, his attitude was as alienated as ever.

Shen Xi blocked the doorway, having no intention of letting Shen Ji in. Taking the information from Shen Ji's hand blankly, Shen Xi sneered while looking through it quickly. So fast; it seemed that Shen Ji didn't want him to continue to be an eyesore in front of him either.

Shen Xi's head was lowered and Shen Ji couldn't see his face clearly, but when Shen Ji casually glanced past him, a look of surprise flashed on his face. Shen Xi's room was unexpectedly neat and tidy, with all the items arranged in order from largest to smallest. Shen Ji was surprised, inadvertently looked at Shen Xi and met his impatient eyes, "Money!"

The grumpy look on Shen Xi's face was all too familiar, and the hint of incongruity that Shen Ji felt at the sight of Shen Xi's room was left behind. Handing over the card in his hand, Shen Ji added, "I've booked a flight for you for the day after tomorrow, so pack up and someone will take you to the airport."

Shen Ji's words were greeted by Shen Xi's turned back and the door slamming shut.

Shen Ji's brows furrowed tightly as he looked at the closed door for half a second before turning to leave.

Inside the room, Shen Xi looked at the bank card in his hand, a sneer habitually appearing on his face. There was no need to check it specifically, he knew there was a lot of money in it. He had never understood why his father, who clearly disliked him, was so indulgent with him when it came to money. Not only did he not care about his reckless spending, but there was even a hidden sense of connivance. Only after he was imprisoned did he realize: wasn't it as simple as trying to raise a waste of a man?

Shen Xi smirked and stuffed the card into his wallet. No matter what his father's intentions were, the more money he had, the better.

After putting the card away, Shen Xi was about to put the information in his hand into his luggage when his mobile phone rang all of a sudden.

Shen Xi grabbed the phone. He didn't need to look at it to guess that it must be a call from one of his so-called friends, nothing but curiosity to see if he was really as irritated as it was rumoured among them. In the past few days, Shen Xi had received many such calls, each of them probing his relationship with Shen Rong under the banner of concern. Tian Wenyao and Shen Rong had been seen by many people when they appeared at Shutu that night.

Shen Xi subconsciously wanted to hang up but stopped when he saw that it was an unfamiliar number. After a moment of hesitation, Shen Xi picked up the phone, and soon a look of surprise appeared on his face. A few minutes later, Shen Xi hung up the phone and pondered.

The person who called him was his father's personal lawyer, Wang Changlin, with whom Shen Xi had not had any contact in the past. Shen Xi couldn't understand what Wang Changlin had to say to him, and the other party did not reveal any information on the phone, but only said that he had been entrusted to give something to him.

Entrusted? By whom? And what was it that he was going to give him?

With these questions in mind, the next day Shen Xi appeared at a coffee house near the Shen Group according to the address provided by the phone.

At this time, it was office hours and there were very few customers in the coffee house, so Shen Xi saw the man who had called him almost at a glance.

In his impression, Wang Changlin seemed to be a little older than his father, but the man in front of him looked only about forty. At this time, he was wearing a light grey suit, his hair was neatly combed, and he was wearing a pair of gold-rimmed glasses. He was elegant and looked quite polished in his gestures.