Chapter 90

Once again, Li Mingxuan had that weird dream.

In the dream, Shen Xi was swiftly sentenced to life imprisonment for premeditated murder attempt, and throughout the process, the entire Shen family chose to remain silent.

Li Mingxuan watched as Shen Xi was thrown into prison, watched as he begged Shen Dehan to help him file an appeal, watched Shen Dehan abandon him and watched the Shen family make a series of secret agreements with the Tian family. For his uncle, sacrificing a son he disliked for the friendship of the Tian family was too good a bargain.

Shen Xi's life in prison unfolded in front of him, the hidden dangers, the countless malicious eyes, the Tian family's ruthlessness and the Shen family's indifference. He watched Shen Xi get hurt again and again, watched Shen Xi struggle to survive in prison, watched Shen Xi go from hope to despair. Li Mingxuan only felt as if his heart was cut by a dull knife.

He wanted to say that the dream was not real, that in his memory Shen Xi was abroad at that time and that everything he saw was false, but Fang Luowei's appearance stunned him. If Shen Xi and his family appeared in his dream because they were close to him, then what was the reason for Fang Luowei's appearance? He had never felt close to Fang Luowei.

The unfolding of the dream was not based on his personal preferences. He watched Fang Luowei provoke Wang Li just as he remembered, and without Shen Xi, without anyone to help him, Fang Luowei was finally caught by Wang Li and stabbed him to death with a knife during the conflict.

As Fang Luowei was imprisoned for murder, Li Mingxuan suddenly realised something and an idea faintly appeared in his mind. This idea was soon confirmed. Fang Luowei and Shen Xi were separated at first but it didn't take long for the two to become friends. He watched the two get along tacitly, watched them support each other and trust each other. All of that made his heart ache for Shen Xi's situation while inevitably bringing out a trace of sourness.

He thought he would always keep watching like that, but to his surprise, it all came to an abrupt end in the middle of the premeditated riot. The moment that knife stabbed Shen Xi, Li Mingxuan struggled desperately to wake up, as if waking up would stop it from happening. But it was as if his body was confined, he could do nothing but watch as Shen Xi fell heavily to the ground, blood spreading around his body.

"No!" With this exclamation, Li Mingxuan's eyes snapped open and for a moment he could not tell where he was, was he in reality or in a dream?

The warmth around his body reminded him of where he was, "It's that dream again!" Li Mingxuan murmured in fear, casually turning on the bedside lamp and slowly sitting up. In the warm light, there were no messy prison figures, no ashen-faced Shen Xi, no dazzling blood, just the familiar layout of the room.

After looking around to confirm that he was really in the guest room of Ye Han's house, Li Mingxuan reached out and covered his heart, where the dull ache from losing Shen Xi in his dream was still present. Li Mingxuan took a deep breath, then quickly thought of something, got out of bed and haphazardly put on a coat over his pyjamas, picked up his car keys and pushed open the door.

"Mingxuan?" Ye Han's sleepy voice came from the master bedroom, "What are you doing?"

Li Mingxuan stopped in his tracks, "Did I wake you up?"

Ye Han leaned lazily against the doorway, "Fortunately, I happened to wake up too. By the way, what are you going to do so late?"

Li Mingxuan in the living room was wearing a coat, clearly looking as if he was going out. Before Li Mingxuan could answer, Ye Han suddenly straightened with a surprised look, "You're not trying to go find Shen Xi, are you?"