Chapter 74

"What are you going to do about it?" On the way back, Lao K asked while driving steadily.

Perhaps because he had been drinking a little too quickly, Shen Xi felt dizzy since he got into the car and was quietly leaning back in his seat with his eyes closed. When he heard Lao K speak, he slowly opened his eyes and rubbed his temples hard to wake up, "What do you propose?"

Lao K thought about it and said, "How about finding a few people to keep an eye on the two of them and collect some evidence to send to Shen Dehan? Let Shen Dehan see how one of his sons lured the other into taking drugs. By the way, we can also find some reporters to break the news. You know how much reporters love such stories."

Lao K's proposal was good, but Shen Xi was not going to let the matter go simply like that. Changing his position comfortably, Shen Xi lazily said, "I remember that citizens are obliged to report drug addicts, and the government seems to offer certain rewards?"

Lao K was stunned and quickly understood, "You want to call the police?"

Shen Xi said, "Shen Cheng is using drugs and Shen Rong is dealing drugs, so as a law-abiding citizen, I naturally have the obligation to report them."

A trace of strangeness flashed across Lao K's face; he tried hard to suppress his smile and nodded, "Good, we are all good law-abiding citizens, leave this matter to me."

The corners of Shen Xi's mouth slowly curled up, but there was not the slightest smile in his eyes.

The distance from Yuanhui to Shen Xi's home was not far, just a twenty-minute drive. Halfway through the journey, Shen Xi received a call from Li Mingxuan asking when he would be home and if he needed to pick him up. Shen Xi glanced at Lao K beside him, shook his head and said that he would be home soon and did not need Li Mingxuan to make another trip.

The two soon arrived downstairs in Shen Xi's community. Lao K parked the car and gestured to Shen Xi, "Do you need me to take you upstairs?"

Shen Xi shook his head, "Forget it, I'm fine on my own."

Fang Luowei was different, but for Lao K it was better to appear in front of Li Mingxuan as little as possible. Lao K knew Shen Xi's concerns and did not insist.

After seeing Lao K leave, Shen Xi endured dizziness and pressed the button of the elevator. When he got out of the elevator, it seemed there was a problem with the sound-controlled lights in the hallway, because there were no lights on and the entire corridor was black. Shen Xi was searching for the keys in his pocket when the door suddenly opened, revealing Li Mingxuan's smiling face, "You're back."

At that moment, Shen Xi's whole body was merged with the boundless darkness behind him, while a step away, Li Mingxuan appeared in front of him with a gentle smile, a soft light glowing behind his back. Shen Xi stood in the corridor, looking straight at Li Mingxuan not far away. The boundary between darkness and light was clearly visible between the two.

"What's wrong?" As he looked at Shen Xi standing motionless, worry surfaced in Li Mingxuan's eyes. He stepped forward and pulled Shen Xi closer.

The moment their bodies came into contact, Shen Xi felt a fierce flutter in his heart, followed by an abnormal throbbing. Almost instinctively, he reached out and hugged Li Mingxuan, burying his head tightly against the other man's neck. The faint smell of alcohol wafted out from Shen Xi's body, and Li Mingxuan smiled, thinking that Shen Xi's earlier abnormality was due to his drinking. Habitually, he reached out and rubbed Shen Xi's hair, "Drunk?" The tone of his voice was full of doting.

Shen Xi shook his head and didn't say anything, his soft hair brushing over Li Mingxuan's earlobe, his warm breath spraying on his neck. Li Mingxuan couldn't help but hug Shen Xi tighter. Only after a while did he realise that they were still in the corridor.