Chapter 54

Chu Qianqian soon learned about Shen Dehan's admission to the hospital. She did not rush to the hospital to see him, but appeared at the hospital during work hours without haste.

By the time she arrived at the hospital, everyone knew about Tian Wenyao and Shen Rong's video. Listening to the chattering of the little nurses discussing this matter, Chu Qianqian looked surprised on the surface, but she was sure that this matter was nothing but Shen Xi's handwriting. Not to mention anything else, she had heard of Lao K, and those videos must have come from Lao K's hands.

After preparing some things she needed, Chu Qianqian walked towards Shen Dehan's ward carrying the medicine.

By the way, in order to conform to the identity that Shen Xi had given her, she stayed at the hospital since Shen Dehan was discharged last time. Although this job was rather hard, after some adaptation she liked the work of a nurse. She also occasionally thought that she could simply come back to work as a nurse when she finished what Shen Xi had asked her to do. With Shen Xi's money, it would be enough to feed and clothe herself, and this job would also give her a clean identity, so maybe she could meet a good man and live her life in peace.

The thought was only fleeting; Chu Qianqian had already reached Shen Dehan's ward and was about to push the door, but unexpectedly the door suddenly pulled open from the inside. Subconsciously, Chu Qianqian looked up and smiled in greeting, but was slightly stunned when she saw the man on the opposite side.

Shen Ji was also slightly startled for a moment.

The last confrontation was still fresh in their minds, and although Chu Qianqian quickly left that day, Shen Ji and Shen Dehan had a cold war for several days. If it hadn't been for Yunrou's incident later, the relationship between father and son would not have eased up so quickly. After that, Shen Dehan never mentioned Chu Qianqian in front of Shen Ji again. Although he knew that his father still kept in touch with Chu Qianqian, Shen Ji stuck to an evasive mentality, comforting himself that Chu Qianqian was merely treating his father as an elder and that there was no ambiguity between the two.

Now that they had met again, Shen Ji subconsciously did not want Chu Qianqian to appear in front of Shen Dehan. But when he thought about his father's current state of health, the doctor's words came to his mind once again. Shen Ji clenched his fists, swept a cold glance over Chu Qianqian and walked straight past her.

Chu Qianqian was quite surprised by Shen Ji's behaviour. She was prepared to be kicked out of the ward by Shen Ji, but when she saw that Shen Ji was really not going to care about her, she quickly reacted and walked into the ward with a smile.

Outside the ward, Shen Ji did not leave, but stopped not far away. Soon, the sound of Shen Dehan's moderate laughter came from the ward. A trace of sadness flashed in Shen Ji's eyes; with an expression of ridicule on his face he left the ward in big strides without looking back.

Despite knowing that Shen Ji was in a bad mood right now, the bodyguard holding the phone had to bite the bullet and continue, "Miss Zhou just called to indicate that Shen Rong Shao is in a bad state at the moment and would like to ask Mr. Shen what to do?"

Shen Ji frowned in disgust and sneered, "Not in a good state? If she calls again, tell her that I will arrange for Shen Rong to go abroad within three days and she can choose any foreign sanatorium she wants. Isn't he in a bad state? From now on, he will stay abroad and never have to come back."

The bodyguard couldn't help being taken aback when he heard Shen Ji, nodded and repeated his words quietly.

After she hung up the phone, Zhou Mingmei's face was completely grim and her eyes were full of gloom.