Chapter 66

The next day, as the news of Shen Dehan's stroke spread, along with the news that Shen Group investment in Anchor had failed, directly leading to Shen Group stock price dropping wildly, from a peak of 120 yuan per share to directly below 100 yuan, and still falling. This was the second time that Shen Group share price had plummeted since the Yunrou incident, and the two dives in a short period of time left Shen Group shareholders in a state of panic, with a large number of retail shares being sold off over time.

Shen Ji stared in silence at the monitor in front of him; the curve representing Shen Group stock price was going down, and Shen Ji could already imagine what Shen Group would be like at the end of the day.

The office door was knocked on gently; Shen Ji suppressed the irritation in his heart and closed the screen, gesturing to the person at the door to come in. A moment later Lu Gesen appeared in front of Shen Ji with a serious look.

"Gesen?" A trace of astonishment flashed in Shen Ji's eyes.

Lu Gesen maintained his usual cold face, "Cheng Shao has not been coming to work. I have a few documents here that I need him to sign."

When he heard Shen Cheng's name, Shen Ji's expression changed slightly, and after a moment of silence, he gestured for Lu Gesen to send over the documents that needed to be signed.

Lu Gesen nodded, but did not leave immediately; instead he stood there with an obvious desire to speak.

"What? Something else?"

Lu Gesen was silent for a moment; then, as if he had made up his mind, he said in a low voice, "Shen Group needs you back now, General Manager Shen."

Shen Ji was taken aback by Lu Gesen's words; he naturally understood what Lu Gesen meant. Just as the people on the board of directors called him after hearing the news about Anchor, Lu Gesen obviously thought from Shen Group's point of view that Shen Ji was more suitable for Shen Group at this time than Shen Cheng. Shen Ji said nothing and smiled appeasingly at Lu Gesen, "Don't worry, Shen Group will be fine. "

Lu Gesen nodded and quietly retreated. After leaving the office, Lu Gesen pushed up his glasses to hide the glint in his eyes.

When the office door was gently closed by Lu Gesen, the smile on Shen Ji's face faded. Although he was acting confidently in front of Lu Gesen, he understood in his heart that the situation of Shen Group was not good at the moment. His father was in hospital, the directors were dissident, the investment had failed. One bad move was going to bury Shen Group's century-old business in his hands.

Shen Ji rubbed his temples with a headache. It was not that he hadn't thought about Lu Gesen's proposal. He didn't look down on Ah Cheng, but he was indeed more familiar with Shen Group than Ah Cheng, and was indeed more suitable for Shen Group at this time than Ah Cheng. But every time this thought rose up, his mind would go back to what Shen Cheng had said yesterday. There was already a rift between him and Shen Cheng, so if he really did this, wouldn't it prove Shen Cheng's words even more? There was no telling what Shen Cheng would think.

Shen Ji's heart surged with irritation; at this critical moment of Shen Group, reason told him not to worry about Shen Cheng's thoughts and first hold the power of Shen Group in his hands to survive Shen Group's current crisis before anything else. But emotionally, he really did not want to have a rift with Shen Cheng, and he could foresee that this would be a lifelong rift. Shen Ji did not know when Shen Cheng had become dissatisfied with him. Was he wrong to discipline him for so many years? Shen Ji wanted to grab Shen Cheng and ask for clarification, but since yesterday, Shen Cheng had not appeared.

The time slowly arrived at noon, and Shen Cheng still did not appear at the company. Shen Ji hung up the phone. As he thought, Shen Cheng had not been to the hospital either. The worry on Shen Ji's face was mixed with gloom. Where the hell had Shen Cheng gone? Did he know what time it was?